So what's the word on the new Ultrasone HFI-780????
May 3, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #2,146 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know where I can get Beyerdynamic 250 ear pads in Europe? Absurd as it is, I really can't find replacement parts from a German company in Europe...

You can get them here

May 3, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #2,148 of 2,328
A beauty pic to keep all interested in a great (after mods) can!

dscn0669.jpg

May 13, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #2,150 of 2,328
Just heard these a few days ago at the Philippine meet. Very nice closed cans. Much better than the proline 750. They are more engaging than the 555 but they also have their own weaknesses just like any headphone.

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #2,152 of 2,328
I am using them with my laptop, external DAC (turtle Audio Advantage) and Little Dot Micro + (laptop volume all the way up, using LDM+ to adjust volume) and after some initial pink noise and almost daily listening over a few months, they are friggin awesome sounding. I think I have found my nirvana.

Jun 1, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #2,153 of 2,328
After a little more than a year of usage, I had to take my set to the first "service".
The pleather pads were worn. They developed cracks here and there and the foam itself got pretty "stiff". The new pads I put on make me remember how nice and comfortable this set was when new, they're much softer and more appealing.
Actually I like them so much that even after a year I didn't find the opportunity to send them out for a re-cable
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:22 AM Post #2,154 of 2,328
How much did it cost to have new pads? Pro 900 pads costs $33! I decided to just wash them as advised by head-fier mrarroyo. Pretty good results, not as good as brand new pads but amazingly firm again lol. Pads seem to be very important in Ultrasone headphones and they have a tendency to wear in. Ultrasone should put pleather pads for sale so HFI owners can personally do that.

Jun 2, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #2,157 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by MeltedChalk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know any cheap places to buy these that ships to Canada(aside from Amazon)? Forgive me if anything has already been mentioned, but I can be bothered to go through 144 pages.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.

You check ebay? You can get some steals from the Far East, save enough that with shipping its less then retail.

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #2,158 of 2,328
Does changing the pads affect the sound?
I am thinking of doing it on my ALO 780.

Jun 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #2,159 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by slick1ru2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You check ebay? You can get some steals from the Far East, save enough that with shipping its less then retail.

I've been trying ebay 5x a day for the past few days praying for something to come up. Also been e-mail every second company that sells them, hoping to hit a soft spot. I'll get them one day..
smile_phones.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #2,160 of 2,328
I love the "save this search" feature ebay offers
wink.gif
You don't have to search around yourself anymore after you set your searches at the larger ebay sites and you'll receive a notification when there's a hit somewhere. The saved time can be used for f/s searches in common forums then
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back