So what did you do while Head-Fi was down?
Nov 26, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #136 of 182
I spent my extra time jumping into the Apple Mac world with both feet. Just before the site went down, after 24 years of owning IBM compatibles, I purchased my first Apple product ... a new iMac. Today, two weeks later, I'm the proud and broke owner of the iMac, a new MacBook, a 23" HD Cinema Display, various Mac software and accessories ... and my first iPod.

Nov 26, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #137 of 182
I was able to read a couple reviews using google's cache
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #138 of 182
Besides continuously checking to see if the site was back up; I bought a new cordless home-phone, had a (digital) landline installed, worked (even though I was supposed to be on vacation), bought some new Grado bowls from TTVJ, and a 7-port external USB hub for my comp off of ebay. I also got some Christmas shopping done. Now, if I can just figure out what I want to get myself for Christmas
confused.gif
. I'd really like a nice USB DAC, for about $200. If that doesn't pan out, ít's either going to be a new LCD monitor for my comp, or an external DVD-burner.

Nov 26, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #139 of 182
Besides checking to see if this site was back online once daily, I lurked as Steve Hoffman's site. Also did a little Christmas shopping but mostly I was more productive at work.

Nov 26, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #141 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spent my extra time jumping into the Apple Mac world with both feet. Just before the site went down, after 24 years of owning IBM compatibles, I purchased my first Apple product ... a new iMac. Today, two weeks later, I'm the proud and broke owner of the iMac, a new MacBook, a 23" HD Cinema Display, various Mac software and accessories ... and my first iPod.

Wow! Way to go, Mike! You will never, and I mean never, look back with a single ounce of regret. You probably know more about the Mac than I do by now and I've been using my Macbook Pro for about 18 months now (I'm on my second one, actually, since the first one got stolen).

They're so simple to use that my "Switching to the Mac" book is just gathering dust! Don't really need it, but I suppose I will if ever I get around to using some of the more complicated applications.

Nov 26, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #142 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, what about that motorhome that Jeremy Clarkson was talking about on Top Gear Episode 6 last Sunday? It's got room for the Atom.
wink.gif

You must be referring to the Volkner Mobil beast! Here's a pictorial video, obviously with several different possible interior configurations: YouTube - RV For Sale

This would definitely solve my Atom transport and storage problems!

I'm surprised that Top Gear finally did a segment on it this past week. The product was launched 2+ years ago. But I guess they're got a lot of other cool toys to pick and choose from.

Nov 26, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #144 of 182
Refreshed the Head-Fi site compulsively and started checking the Facebook group site as if it was Head-Fi. Listened to my new Grado SR-325i, AKG K240M and Yuin PK2. Started building up my lossless music collection.

Nov 26, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #145 of 182
Went to UVA. Kicked their butts. Leaving for Jacksonville on Friday!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #146 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I discovered that I don't really need music. In fact, I don't even LIKE music.

Your kidding right? There is something seriously wrong with people who don't like music.

I practiced saxophone instead of wasting time on Head-Fi
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #147 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your kidding right? There is something seriously wrong with people who don't like music.

I practiced saxophone instead of wasting time on Head-Fi
wink.gif

I'm really not sure...

I don't seem to have an urge to listen to it.

Nov 26, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #148 of 182
I got my gaming on and actually had some long online gaming sessions on my PS3. (Got to get use to shooters with a controller.. :\)

I also ordered my first Macbook on Black Friday, should be here 11/27-11/30 and I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back