So what did you do while Head-Fi was down?
Nov 27, 2007 at 10:05 AM Post #166 of 182
Tired to guess how many (and which) guitar trades/purchases Jahn would have to post on the curse thread when we finally came back up
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 10:17 AM Post #167 of 182
Spent a lot more time with my family, which pleased them! Bought more music.

Oh and checked every nanosecond to see if Head-Fi was back in the land of the living! no that I missed it>>>
biggrin.gif

cheers
Simon

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:34 PM Post #168 of 182
I got homework done... lots of it.

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #169 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00940 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on Plainsong, of course you're remembered.

While head-fi was down, I mined diyaudio, diyhifi, pinkfishmedia and headwize diy forums for data on voltage regulators. Maybe I'll find the time to improve my stuff.

Speaking of diyhifi, is it still up? I haven't been able to get on it since last weekend.

I finished a couple of diy projects, and browsed other forums.

Nov 27, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #170 of 182
1. I spent more time on the [H]. (Hardforum.com)

2. Had repeated run ins with the elite over there, whom are all-wise and are better human beings than I or you.

3. Remembered why I love Headfi so much more.

Nov 27, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #171 of 182
like everyone else, i was constantly checking to see if head-fi was up again. honestly it was a good reset for me not having head-fi around for that amount of time. made me spend more time on other hobbies and also got me motivated to spend more time on photography. the bad thing is that i'm now contemplating giving up my qualias in exchange for a nikon D300.
eek.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #173 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanddancer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tired to guess how many (and which) guitar trades/purchases Jahn would have to post on the curse thread when we finally came back up
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah, that sparked my memory - in addition to the 2 amps and 3 phones I posted were bought during the outage, I bought an Ibanez electric guitar and gave my Strat (Squire by fender) to my daughter.

She's teaching me to play - I know 5 chords now (A D E C G)
tongue.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #174 of 182
Spent a lot of time playing the deluge of amazing video games that have been released recently, such as: Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band, Super Mario Galaxy, Call Of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, etc...

I also got into a new hobby, airgun target shooting!

Bought a match/competition level pistol:

IZH46.jpg

Also bought a rifle. Underlever springer that launches lead pellets at 1200fps.

Good fun I tell ya!

Nov 28, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #175 of 182
I watched way too much anime, and ate lots of food on Thanksgiving.

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #176 of 182
I fell into speakers. AV123's Onix Strata Minis caught my eye... I signed up on the AV123 forum... found myself a used Onix SP3 tube amp (my first tubes!) and ordered up the speakers, the amp, some speaker cables, and a Monster HTS 1000 power conditioner. Only a few more days before it all lands. *rubs hands together*

The Head-Fi outage turned out costing me a pretty penny, it seems.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #177 of 182
Bought a ScreenPatronus screen protector for my RCA Lyra on eBay, ate too much on Thanksgiving, went gambling (and actually won) in Bossier City, Lousiana, and prayed that Head-Fi would return (which it, thankfully, did).

Oh, and I contemplated buying a Sansa Clip at Wal-Mart outside of Shreveport for $38.88.

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #178 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been spending countless hours searching all over the net for motorhomes. I'm thinking about taking the plunge because I'd like to see more of the US and Canada during the next couple of years and would also like to utilize my Ariel Atom to a much greater extent than I have so far.

I think that having a "home" will be the key as it will allow me to plan some big trips as opposed to doing weekend jaunts. It will also be much more friends and family friendly than my current setup with a Dodge RAM diesel and a car hauler type of trailer.

I'm leaning more towards truck conversion types of motorhomes (Renegade, Optima, Showhauler, Haulmark, Pony Xpress, etc) than Class A "bus" looking motorhomes that have all of the creature comforts but don't have the towing capacity to drag along a stacker trailer.

Lots of good deals in the used market because people buy these things and don't use them much for 3-4 years, then sell them for another new one that they won't use much either!

You should get one that has a loading ramp Knight Rider style! Or at least a small trailer to haul your runabout car once you dock the mothership.

I spent my time posting on other forums, playing games, pretty much not so different than time I've spent usually.

Nov 28, 2007 at 9:32 AM Post #179 of 182
"What are you doing in the bathroom all day? Give someone else a chance."

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #180 of 182
Kept wondering "How could this happen?" and then checked the site everyday at least twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back