So the NEW Dr Dre Beats Solo HD came out just a while ago...
May 14, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #46 of 228

Quote:
This is what I wanted to originally know. Hopefully, Monster will release the white solo HD's soon. (only the black ones are currently being sold at apple) If no one is willing to review them, I will. AFTER they are burned in! There's a BIG difference from listening to best buy's demo.

Actually if you think about it the best buy demos have probably been in stores for months so they probably have been burned in by the time most people listen to them. And to be honest I do believe in burn in and have never heard a BIG difference from out of the box to 50-100 hours afterwards, if anything it just tamed down or opened up certain frequencies that gave  the sound a slightly more balanced and natural sound then when they were first taken out of the box. So to be honest if something sounds like a $50 headphone at best buy you may be lucky if they sound like a $75-$100 headphone after a burn in period which still makes them over priced and there is much better out there for the money. I can tell you for a fact that the $300 beats I heard at best buy would NEVER sound anywhere close to my DT880/600 ohm that I paid $300 for. So I know you are saying no one has listened to them fully burned in and is just trashing them to begin with. Well that is because most of the posters on this forum know what burn in does to a headphone and can tell from an initial listen that these headphones are overpriced and will never compete with the headphones that are in their price range coming from your more well known and top tier manufacturers. 

May 14, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #47 of 228
I mostly hate how glossy the Beats are. They look passable, physically, but not functionally. They could look worse though. I'm relatively neutral about them. I don't think they look good, but not hideous. And before StyleAddict calls me an old man, I'm 15.

I've tried the Beats outside of the store. Borrowed them from a friend. Imo, they don't deserve ALL of the hate here. They deserve some of it, but they aren't complete garbage, only partly.
biggrin.gif
The mids and treble were pretty sucked out in comparison to the bass, making even the mids of the DT770 PRO seem somewhat forward in comparison. However, remember that the target audience of the Beats is the rap/hip hop/poser group. The Solos were more of the same (even 10% worse) in a sucky frame. I should add that I didn't listen to rap on these so I wasn't listening to the target music.

That being said, even if I did listen to that music, I probably would still opt for an ESW9 or MS400 if I wanted something portable, and they are better allarounders.

May 14, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #48 of 228

Quote:
Actually if you think about it the best buy demos have probably been in stores for months so they probably have been burned in by the time most people listen to them. And to be honest I do believe in burn in and have never heard a BIG difference from out of the box to 50-100 hours afterwards, if anything it just tamed down or opened up certain frequencies that gave  the sound a slightly more balanced and natural sound then when they were first taken out of the box. So to be honest if something sounds like a $50 headphone at best buy you may be lucky if they sound like a $75-$100 headphone after a burn in period which still makes them over priced and there is much better out there for the money. I can tell you for a fact that the $300 beats I heard at best buy would NEVER sound anywhere close to my DT880/600 ohm that I paid $300 for. So I know you are saying no one has listened to them fully burned in and is just trashing them to begin with. Well that is because most of the posters on this forum know what burn in does to a headphone and can tell from an initial listen that these headphones are overpriced and will never compete with the headphones that are in their price range coming from your more well known and top tier manufacturers. 

I see your point. The only thing is, Beats construction and durability is horrible. The demo beats break every month or so. Thats what a BB rep told me. So no, i do not think the demo headphones would have been broken into. What I'm saying, and the purpose of this thread, is to shed a light of hope that the NEW Beats Solo HD's will have a better build and sound. All companies have their duds. So far, Monster has the the duds of beats and solos. As i said before, Monster has claimed to have "improved" the quality of both construction and audio. I don't think anyone really cares for the beats studios or the solos. I sure don't for I'm gonna buy the white solo hd's when they come out. It has been stressed enough about the issues of the studios and solos. Please don't reiterate a very decrepit topic everyone knows about. Look to the future no the past.

May 14, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #50 of 228
Beats = ugly

May 14, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #51 of 228
I bought the solos, and returned them. Sounded EXCELLENT with hip hop, everything else the sounded like crap. I recently bought the HDs, sounded exactly the same to me, looked exactly the same, returned them. I couldnt even tell the difference between the two. I'm disappointed because I truly find them sexy. yes, sexy.

May 14, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #52 of 228

Quote:
I bought the solos, and returned them. Sounded EXCELLENT with hip hop, everything else the sounded like crap. I recently bought the HDs, sounded exactly the same to me, looked exactly the same, returned them. I couldnt even tell the difference between the two. I'm disappointed because I truly find them sexy. yes, sexy.

Ok, that's your opinon. How about the build quality? Any better?

May 14, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #55 of 228
Based on what I've read so far, Monster's durability and construction probably isn't that impressive. I've seen and tried the beats. Personally, I don't like the looks of them; a tad too flashy. And soundwise, they could do more for $300. I thought that they should sound good with a few genres (mainly hip hop or pops like GaGa's), but they wouldn't go down too well playing other genres (acoustics, r&b, jazz etc.)

Construction of the Beats is rather too flimsy for me. Comfort is not bad though. However, there are other closed cans out there which are more value-for-money. ATH-M50, ATH-FC700A, Denon D1001, AKG 81DJ, Senn HD212 and HD 25-1 II. But it's your choice really, just don't regret what you have purchased after you own it for some time, because it really sucks when that happens...

May 14, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #56 of 228

Quote:

look at these sexy beasts

I'e actually always like the look of the akg k1000, the lack of bass however is annoying.

May 15, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #57 of 228
Quote:

I'e actually always like the look of the akg k1000, the lack of bass however is annoying.

Which version have you listened to?

I've had the opportunity to compare both the bass heavy and bass light versions and the bass heavy version is definitely bassy. The K1000 are beautiful headphones, except to me they get uncomfortable when I wear them for an extended period of time.

May 15, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #58 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They deserve some of it, but they aren't complete garbage, only partly.
biggrin.gif
The mids and treble were pretty sucked out in comparison to the bass, making even the mids of the DT770 PRO seem somewhat forward in comparison. However, remember that the target audience of the Beats is the rap/hip hop/poser group. The Solos were more of the same (even 10% worse) in a sucky frame. I should add that I didn't listen to rap on these so I wasn't listening to the target music.

That being said, even if I did listen to that music, I probably would still opt for an ESW9 or MS400 if I wanted something portable, and they are better allarounders.

Problem is that, the bass of Beats sucks!!!

May 15, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #59 of 228
I liked the look of the Beats, until I saw Kobe Bryant walking into locker rooms with them on. He looks like an utter tool with them on. I found the beats sexy OFF ones head. Let's give up, full sized headphones just don't look sexy while walking around. On ear headphones like the ES7 are probably as far as I'd go, and I HATE on ears, so it wouldn't work for me.

It's IEM or nothing in public, IMHO.

May 15, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #60 of 228

Quote:
Let's give up, full sized headphones just don't look sexy while walking around.

The thing that looks sexy while walking around is the girl in your avatar
regular_smile .gif

Edit: Right after posting I saw you changed your avatar
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back