So the NEW Dr Dre Beats Solo HD came out just a while ago...
May 12, 2010 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 228

StyleAddict

New Head-Fier
anyone know if they're better than the old solos? Are they still gonna break? Any reviews out there? If not then can someone do one? I know the red ones have been out for a while, but I'm planning to get me the whities. Wondering if Monster made any changes to em. 

May 12, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 228

Quote:
anyone know if they're better than the old solos? Are they still gonna break? Any reviews out there? If not then can someone do one? I know the red ones have been out for a while, but I'm planning to get me the whities. Wondering if Monster made any changes to em. 

Save your money, don't fall for the hype. Spend your money else where. Denon AH-D2000, Audio Technica ESW9 or Sennheiser HD25-I

May 13, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 228
Are you serious? Beats are sexy? They look childish and more of a toy IMO. And I don't know how good sounding cans look ugly. Look at bunch of Audio Technica for example. They are ugly?

May 13, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #6 of 228
Seriously? Beats look childish? IMO ur logic is very childish. Just because there are plenty of reviews that hate on beats because they cost quite a bit and do not sound phenomenal before they are burned in, people like you ( those who claim to be better than everyone else cuz they wear the bandwagon "professional" headphones Ex. Audio Technica) cannot claim that the Beats are "childish" looking. Beats has to be one of the most sexiest headphones out there. If you don't think so, then your obviously some old man who seriously needs to get pootytang.

May 13, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #7 of 228

Quote:
Seriously? Beats look childish? IMO ur logic is very childish. Just because there are plenty of reviews that hate on beats because they cost quite a bit and do not sound phenomenal before they are burned in, people like you ( those who claim to be better than everyone else cuz they wear the bandwagon "professional" headphones Ex. Audio Technica) cannot claim that the Beats are "childish" looking. Beats has to be one of the most sexiest headphones out there. If you don't think so, then your obviously some old man who seriously needs to get pootytang.

God, I hope you're a troll.

They look pretty bland to me; to the extent whereby they could just as easily be a cheap generic product, rather than the headphone equivalent of Nike Air Jordan's.

As far as personal preference goes, I was impressed by the Sennheiser HD-25s when I had a chance to listen to them.

May 13, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #8 of 228
Quote:

I don't find them especially attractive.

Also, if you think Beats are going to get you ladies, I'd invest some money in your personality first. The motto here at Head-Fi is that you're only as good as your weakest link 
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #9 of 228

Quote:

ES7/ESW9

May 13, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #10 of 228
I think it's funny that you called Audio Technica "bandwagon". The Beats, on the other hand, are definitely indie right? Gem in the rough?

Don't come on the forums asking for help, and then talk down on people who are trying to give advice (whether it is just their opinion or not).

May 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #13 of 228

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyleAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seriously? Beats look childish? IMO ur logic is very childish. Just because there are plenty of reviews that hate on beats because they cost quite a bit and do not sound phenomenal before they are burned in, people like you ( those who claim to be better than everyone else cuz they wear the bandwagon "professional" headphones Ex. Audio Technica) cannot claim that the Beats are "childish" looking. Beats has to be one of the most sexiest headphones out there. If you don't think so, then your obviously some old man who seriously needs to get pootytang.

Originally Posted by brandnewgame /img/forum/go_quote.gif

God, I hope you're a troll.

Sounds like a troll to me.

May 13, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #14 of 228
Well... I think they look pretty nice.  They kinda look like they go well with an ipod.  I've never heard them though so I don't know how they sound.  I do recommend listening to a pair of HD25 though.  Although if you're listening using an ipod, the HD25 will not be driven properly.  Kinda sucks cuz I like them alot.

May 13, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #15 of 228

Quote:
Well... I think they look pretty nice.  They kinda look like they go well with an ipod.  I've never heard them though so I don't know how they sound.  I do recommend listening to a pair of HD25 though.  Although if you're listening using an ipod, the HD25 will not be driven properly.  Kinda sucks cuz I like them alot.

Ditto, I know the old one has a lot of bass and is super comfy. Though from first impression they look easily breakable. But then again, I think most "light" headphones are easily breakable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back