So I've got an idea I think would be great for the forum!
Sep 30, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to Head-Fi!
wink.gif

Funny!
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #17 of 36
I think this has been thought of before, but it is a great idea if it goes through, i would buy a couple for holding my bed rig together. Perfect for the d2, as it has a big bezel around the screen and can be used on either side without blocking the screen.

I would be in for 2 if it goes through at under $2 shipped.

White/Black would be a good colour split as most people have black/white players. I would be interested in white for my white d2, it wouldnt match my DAC/Cmoy combo, but hey, that matters less.

The shipping method mentioned is the best and easiest idea.

Matt

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #18 of 36
I'm down for a few,........... keep us posted if and when this goes down!!!

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #20 of 36
I think the OP should do the following, in order.
1. Work out all the details. Price pr. unit (when ordering 100, 200, ... units), shipping rates to US and worldwide, cost of wrapping (simple envelope I guess), and possible other expenses.
2. Create a new thread with a poll, to check out the interest.
3. Order an appropriate amount of wrist bands.
4. Put the wrist bands up for sale, prioritizing those who commented in #2 first. Payment via PayPal.
5. Ship out the wrist bands in a weekly batch or something, after payment have been received.

...or ask for orders and payment up front, if he don't have enough cash or are willing to take the risk.

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #21 of 36
So the question is now, is there a mod or veteran trusted member that wants to take this responsibility on?

I don't really hold much sway on here, plus I'm in school so I don't think it would work out optimally. What would be cool is to find someone that has easy access to shipping or does it in their job so it doesn't take a huge chuck out of their time to do it.

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #22 of 36
I would. But it does not make sense shipping them all to Norway, and then for me to ship most of them back to the US.
Someone else (US based) may be up for it.

Oct 1, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #23 of 36
This is a great Idea. I do think that whom ever takes the responsibility, maybe ZoNto since because it was his idea, should make a buck or two. It's not unreasonable to pay for the time and effort it will take to coordinate this. I'm thinking 1.25 for the band, 2.00 postage & packaging plus 1.75 for the guy doing all the work. Postage, handling and profit should be cheaper if you purchase more than one. Does this sound reasonable?

Oct 1, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a great Idea. I do think that whom ever takes the responsibility, maybe ZoNto since because it was his idea, should make a buck or two. It's not unreasonable to pay for the time and effort it will take to coordinate this. I'm thinking 1.25 for the band, 2.00 postage & packaging plus 1.75 for the guy doing all the work. Postage, handling and profit should be cheaper if you purchase more than one. Does this sound reasonable?

I for 1 will vote in favor. So the answer is "YES".
L3000.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #25 of 36
I'd take 2, one for my rig and one for my wrist
wink.gif

It would be so great if a Vet could get the ball rolling...

Oct 2, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

I actually wouldn't mind doing it but people would have to be patient. I could ship Thursdays after school or Fridays at school or something. I would need to get a little bit just for gas/time/envelopes and then figure out a few rates to foreign countries. I think it's pretty cheap with USPS, my iPod was only 28 bucks to ship to Russia express mail (3 day).

When this weekend is done and I catch a break from this death homework rush, I will make a separate poll thread but I'm basically sold on the black idea and maybe seeing if the company could do a few white. I would just need to call them.

Also if anyone has time, you could research other sites that would be cheaper than 1.25 per and PM the info then I could compare them with the site I found.

So for poll questions that I've thought of:

The text:

front - Head-Fi Head-Fi.org
back- "Sorry about your wallet!" ?
color- black white black/white (50/50)
embossed or recessed lettering (recessed would last infinitely longer I would think)

Any other ideas?

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

I do think that whom ever takes the responsibility, maybe ZoNto since because it was his idea, should make a buck or two. It's not unreasonable to pay for the time and effort it will take to coordinate this. I'm thinking 1.25 for the band, 2.00 postage & packaging plus 1.75 for the guy doing all the work. Postage, handling and profit should be cheaper if you purchase more than one. Does this sound reasonable?

Yeah, a little overhead is reasonable.
After all it takes some time and ma little bit of risk. As he/she need to handle the orders, wrap them up and travel to the post office. There are also a risk that a couple of the shipments might not reach its destination on the first try.

I'll take a couple, regardless if they are black, white, blue, ...

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #29 of 36
I don't know if shipping would really be that much, I mean we could just send them in a normal envelope cuz there's no possibility of shipping damage and the like.

Oct 3, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #30 of 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back