So I was thinking about selling out...I need some help.
Feb 13, 2011 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Nubster

100+ Head-Fier
So after spending a couple years here, countless hours reading and researching and soul searching and spending money...I have decided it's time to say hell with it all and sellout. I mean why not...many of the top people in headphones are doing it...it just seems like the thing to do. What I am asking from my fellow headfiers is to help me decide on which direction I should take in my sellout venture. Once I unload all of my legit gear, which really doesn't consist of much, I'll be contacting several of the top sellout brands to see what kinda of luck I will have at selling out. My top picks at this point are the Monster Beats by Dre, Sleek by 50 Cent, and Skullcandy Aviators. They each have their pluses and minuses...I like the fact that if I sellout to Beats and can take part in any one of the 500 or so threads here about the Beats, if I sell out to Skullcandy I might be lucky enough to get some hangout time with their top dawgs...but in all honesty right now my top choice is Sleek...I mean who doesn't want to get their picture taken with 50 cent. So headfiers...please...help a brutha out and vote for who you think I should sellout to. If there is one not on the list...please...let me know and I'll give it all the consideration. Thanks.

Feb 13, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 13
well, what "atmosphere" are you looking for? each one is very different, just like the the sound sig of manufacturer's with a house sound

Feb 13, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
What are you talking about OP? You want to buy headphones to get autographs?

well, this is my interpretation, but I think the OP is looking to get sponsored by one of the big boys of the industry, maybe free review samples in exchange for positive reviews, pictures with the stars, being buddy buddy with the executives, special benefits from the company ( maybe even access to the salad bar at lunch for free) type of deal

Feb 13, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #5 of 13
hmmmm, me thinks I detect a hint of sarcasm...

I don't see a ton of sellout's on Head-fi for those three brands and models. I do see some open minded people who don't let name brand hatred deprive them of possible better headphones/IEM's offered by those three companies. But so far the only one of the three headphone you have mentioned that seems to be getting any top dawg recognition on this site is the SK Aviator and that is from the owner of this site, Jude. Personally I don't think he is selling out though. I just think he likes the sound of that headphone and was surprised enough that he made a BLOG about it to help ensure it get's listened to by some of the head-fi members versus just dismissed simply because it's made by SK.

By the way just to be on the up and up, I have never owned an SK product and ABSOLUTELY HATE their skull logo and mean REALLY HATE IT. But do not want to write off their products in regards to how they sound simply because of my pet peeve.

Feb 13, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #6 of 13
Keep trollin', Broseph. 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
hmmmm, me thinks I detect a hint of sarcasm...

I don't see a ton of sellout's on Head-fi for those three brands and models. I do see some open minded people who don't let name brand hatred deprive them of possible better headphones/IEM's offered by those three companies. But so far the only one of the three headphone you have mentioned that seems to be getting any top dawg recognition on this site is the SK Aviator and that is from the owner of this site, Jude. Personally I don't think he is selling out though. I just think he likes the sound of that headphone and was surprised enough that he made a BLOG about it to help ensure it get's listened to by some of the head-fi members versus just dismissed simply because it's made by SK.

By the way just to be on the up and up, I have never owned an SK product and ABSOLUTELY HATE their skull logo and mean REALLY HATE IT. But do not want to write off their products in regards to how they sound simply because of my pet peeve.

I'm not sure what the knitty gritty was, but it does seem a bit strange to devote a entire blog entry to skullcandy for CES day two, when sennheiser, sleek, beyerdynamic, monster and (fanny wang?) were bunched together into one big blog for the first day. also, i felt like it was a bit excessive to put in a blog post to review the bower and wilkens P5 when honestly, it should be entered as a thread just like any other review (ljokerl's (and counting) IEM review post) In other words, I think we should let things gain momentum with there own steam, sometimes giving a boost (even if it is in the right direction) could possibly confuse people causing them to think there were some hidden motive

james

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
I'm not sure what the knitty gritty was, but it does seem a bit strange to devote a entire blog entry to skullcandy for CES day two, when sennheiser, sleek, beyerdynamic, monster and (fanny wang?) were bunched together into one big blog for the first day. also, i felt like it was a bit excessive to put in a blog post to review the bower and wilkens P5 when honestly, it should be entered as a thread just like any other review (ljokerl's (and counting) IEM review post) In other words, I think we should let things gain momentum with there own steam, sometimes giving a boost (even if it is in the right direction) could possibly confuse people causing them to think there were some hidden motive  
james

I hear you James and I wonder a bit myself but not much. Honestly, I think Jude was just caught by surprise and wrote a blog about it because he couldn't hardly believe it himself. But I do have to say because I hate those darn skulls I probably won't be trying the SK's out unless I run into someone at a head-fi meet who has them.

BTW James, you CRACK ME UP LOL.

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
Honestly, I think Jude was just caught by surprise and wrote a blog about it because he couldn't hardly believe it himself.

>__>

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
Quote:
james

I hear you James and I wonder a bit myself but not much. Honestly, I think Jude was just caught by surprise and wrote a blog about it because he couldn't hardly believe it himself. But I do have to say because I hate those darn skulls I probably won't be trying the SK's out unless I run into someone at a head-fi meet who has them.

BTW James, you CRACK ME UP LOL.

Quote:
Quote:
Honestly, I think Jude was just caught by surprise and wrote a blog about it because he couldn't hardly believe it himself.

>__>

that's a possibility, to be frank though, I think product announcements should be left to the premier sponsors/sponsors instead becoming the responsibility of a administrator/moderator, plus, it'll help pay the bills to run head-fi
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back