So I Was Browsing the UE Site.......
Dec 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

D3Seeker

100+ Head-Fier
.............Yes after the hoorah over the UE900 died down I decided to take a look at the UE web and notices that they are only showing their latest speakers now....
Annoyed I decided to go check our every beloved Logitech website and I was sort of surprised by what I saw

The have the UE600 again, and no Triple-fi 10 (which I'm still mad considering the price all around has risen $100 since the launch of the 900 
angry_face.gif
 )

Why aren't they selling the triple-fi 10 anymore?

and 

Are the UE600 they're selling now the same ones from before or a revision? Luckily they haven't gone up in price but at one point earlier it appeared the 600 were gonna be discontinued. (glad they aren't since the UE600 are on of my list of intrigue 
tongue_smile.gif
 )

Dec 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 11
Oh dear. Don't tell me everyone's decided to take their 900s 9000s and turn a blind eye already. I can't be the only one paying UE some attention now a days? 
tongue.gif
 Or am I 
ph34r.gif

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #5 of 11
  The TF10 were discountinued in 2011. No way you could get them.

Now I didn't know that. So they are becoming hard o find. It's Christmas darn it, I'm supposed to be spending on everyone else  not myself 
tongue_smile.gif

I still can find the UE 600 , UE 900 and some other IEM in the UE website , are you sure you are looking at the right one ?

Well I see that now after going to the Pro section which takes you to a logitech address now. That's probable what threw me off, cause I didn't run into those myself until I went to logitechs website first. Oh well.

They're just integrated into those crooks touch more now I see.

Dec 10, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 11

Now I didn't know that. So they are becoming hard o find. It's Christmas darn it, I'm supposed to be spending on everyone else  not myself 
tongue_smile.gif

Well I see that now after going to the Pro section which takes you to a logitech address now. That's probable what threw me off, cause I didn't run into those myself until I went to logitechs website first. Oh well.

They're just integrated into those crooks touch more now I see.

yep and prices have gone through the roof imo for them

Dec 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 11
Here in UK the UE600 are very expensive but I found SuperFi 5vi for about a third of the price. It's identical to the UE600 except the older SuperFi branded items have a slightly different iPhone control.

I notice on Amazon US the UE600 are only $60 which is a very good price. I bought my SuperFi 5vi new, delivered, for £27.95 (US $46) while the Logitech branded product are about £98 (US $160) here!

Anyway marketing people love rebranding, making meaningless changes for the sake of it, and artificial obsolescence. My approach: immunize yourself against the BS, be patient, be happy with last year's model, get the stuff you like when the price tumbles and without paying for the marketing campaign or being an involuntary QA tester. You lose out on bragging rights and wow factor but also don't accumulate quite so much disappointing crap :D

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #9 of 11
No, SuperFi 5vi is identical to UE600 except branding and iPhone control on cable. SuperFi made some very different IEMs with confusingly similar names. SuperFi 5 Pro is the one you're thinking of. Those would make you look like Dr Frankenstein was a little off target with the bolt gun.

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #10 of 11
Oh I see, thanks for the info , I don't think I can find the the superfi 5vi anywhere close in my region , and the ue600 is cheap enough anyway in here

still, thanks though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back