So I might have thrown out my old ER4s...
Aug 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

anthonyhong

New Head-Fier
I am at a loss.  I can't find them.  My last definite knowledge of their last location is in a picture dated a month ago when they were hanging on my wall.  But they're gone and I've torn my house apart looking for them :frowning2:.  The worst part is, I don't know if I've truly lost them or simply can't find them. I do speculate they got mixed into some papers and accidently thrown out.  Plausible I guess, and what a shameful fate.  

But, I guess I should probably replace them.  

I've been out of the loop though.  I'm a bit of a leach, or lurker of you will and only come by when I need help :wink:.  And I think I do need help again.  It is my understanding that the ER4s- though classics, are aged.  And there are some gangster, gangster products out there offered at a lesser price that might even put these to shame.  Not to cut the mourning short, but now that I think about it, there were a few things that really bothered me about the ER4s.  Cable vibration and the god- awful insertion.  

I am out of the loop though.  I guess I'm looking for something that goes for about 100-150 in the used range.  The HJE900s seem to get a bit of love.  What else would HeadFi recommend?  My listening range is a bit weird.  Neoclassical, old school indie, post rock, some folk.  

edit: I've also searched through my vacuum cleaner.  Twice.  Checked the fridge too.  

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 10
Well you have to ask yourself if you want something similar to the ER4S or something completely different in terms of sound signature. Budget is also helpful.

Here's a good place to start:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-100-iems-compared-westone-um3x-turbine-pro-copper-added-08-18

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 10
Budget is about 100-150, used or new.  Used I'd prob get more for my money though.

I'm not sure if I want something different in terms of sound than my ER4s.  I've been quite faithful and they were my one and only portable earphones.  

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 10
Have you read the DBA02 thread?  Those are around your price range and generally very well liked by those who have heard them.  You might also want to check out the RE0s, which is another analytical and clean iem, but only costs about $80.  There's also the CK10, which is suppose to be very similar to the DBA02s, but built like a tank. 

The only one I've heard is the RE0, which I loved but decided on the ER4S instead.  Can I ask what your setup was like with them? 

Aug 27, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 10
I would look into the DBA-02, RE-0, and (of course) the ER-4P (with adaptor).

Aug 27, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #7 of 10
The DBA02s do look good, but I'm a bit worried about the build quality.  How do they stack up against the ER4s?  I'll also probably pick up a RE0 just for a backup, but I guess, is the ER4(s?) still relevant enough today versus all the new ones?  

Aug 27, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
The DBA02s do look good, but I'm a bit worried about the build quality.  How do they stack up against the ER4s?  I'll also probably pick up a RE0 just for a backup, but I guess, is the ER4(s?) still relevant enough today versus all the new ones?  

ER4 will always be around.  I'm waiting to find out if the DBA can out Ety the Ety but I think nothing will be an Ety.  
blink.gif

Aug 28, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #10 of 10
Ety Van Halen?  
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back