so...i got a death threat today...
Mar 31, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #31 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
you gotta explain it in terms he understands...he is a rapper? then explain that if he doesnt cut the crap out you are gonna pop a cap into his a**

LOL!
That would actually be "bussa-cap"
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #32 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
well, sort of. The story goes like this. My girlfriend has this guy friend that she used to be sorta close with. He was obsessed with her even though she had a boyfriend at the time. When she split with her boyfriend, this guy wanted to get in on the action but I jumped into the picture and nabbed her instead. So now he seems to have a very strong dislike towards me, even though my girlfriend has repeatedly told him that he is nothing more than a friend and that she is not interested in him.

fast forward 8 months..

My girlfriend now hardly ever talks to him and tries to avoid him because he is coming off as a creep/stalker. He keeps complaining to her that she is letting their friendship/relationship go, and trying to manipulate her into spending more time with him through guilt trips, sympathy, etc. My girlfriend is too kind to tell him off, so she occasionally shows up at parties he throws, and says a polite hullo whenever she sees him, as to avoid tension.

Today one of my close friends tells me there's sh!t about me posted on the web. I find this extremely odd, and follow his link to find this creepers msn blog. On it he's written out numerous rap lyrics with the topics being both explicit and disgusting. They are all aimed at attacking me and my girlfriend. Some of the lyrics go into detail about how he is going to murder me and rape my girlfriend. I was so disturbed from reading these that I could not do anything for the remainder of the day. I lost my appetite and didn't get a single homework assignment done. I spent nearly an hour just shaking from rage and fear, until my best friend calmed me down. He has been trash talking me behind my back and making enemies for me. I have never done anything to offend him, I have spoken to him maybe twice in my entire life, and both times for less than a few seconds. He acts completely normal around me, doesn't show any hostility or hidden anger.

What should I do about this?

grow up some muscles , then if he don't understand nice manners , make him understand you're serious whatever the manner .

Is behavior is just not serious , so he only have to face his infantility .

I had a co-worker of one of my grilfriends
biggrin.gif
acting too much intimately with her , her telling me :" this guy keeps on invading my privacy making some serious approach " and he knew she had a boyfriend .

So I went at her workplace ( a classy pub ) remained there drinking , while staring at him very fixed , and conversing with my gf . till he finished his job .

Then I went there , very calm , and told him " Hi ; I'm fkjbdakf her boyfriend . What's your name ? " " kgjhdkgjh" " Well , I just wanted to know you and see how your face looked from close " . Then after 5 seconds I was looking straight into your eyes searching for the little man he was ( found nothing really ) , I went away .
He didn't do any more strong avances from then on , only some light appreciations .

Another option is police, but definitely I don't think police can help in the long term happenings, as much as confronting him directly .

Mar 31, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #33 of 134
I would engage your schools administrative head with any links, school hand written notes, rap lyrics found, emails, or evidence you have. Also take any evidence you have and retain these records for your own safety. Informing the authorities is not out of the question, as they may not have enough on the grounds to warrent a restrain order straight away; however, documenting and emphasizing these threats in the appropriate complaint or reports will greatly facilitate you should you need to take further action!

I had an IDENTICAL type sit in HS, so can relate; PLEASE do not take this ligthly, and if that hoser ever "attacks" or without warning starts beating you down the hallway (literally)...come off with more rage and energy than a bomb, and kick his flippin rude behind into the lockers behind him. Usually bully-like activities that involve tards of this kind have posse's and friends (that I used to have to also fear, not just the rude individual). But you standing up strong and sure if the time ever arises, helps tremendously and sends the proper sign to the rest of his mobbers that you are not to be walked over. (Note PLEASE know I am NOT advising you to fight or be aggessive, but just to defend yourself accordingly!!!! Because as I found out, if this person is already communictating and conducting these emotions behind your back indirectly, chances are if there is a formal attack one day, it may not be when you are looking (my experience has warranted))

Furthermore, I would confront this individual *pronto* with a most concerned but not angry, and not defensive, but kind of pissed off/confused tone with the exact questions you have and mentioned to us that you do not understand. This will work wonders..
(Think Eddy Murphy Raw when he acts all confused and upset to avoid fighting)
If that back-fires and makes him upset well...Do you know the term "mentally peel open a can of wup'ass"??? That is what you may need to do should this gentleman endanger your lady friend or you with pysical harm, hope that works out, take care and be safe.
Again contact your schools admin staff and the popo.

Mar 31, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #34 of 134
Where's the link to this webpage?

Does it actually mention you by name, or are you inferring that the lyrics refer to you?

I don't buy above posters' idea that it is legal to blog anything you want. In Canada, freedom of expression is constitutionally protected but NOT absolute (e.g. hate speech is illegal). Expression is not 'anything goes' just because it's on the internet rather than written somewhere else. If the blog amounts to an express threat against you, I highly doubt that there'd be no recourse for you. Not only that, but if the site says untrue stuff about you, that could be defamation right there.

Maybe you should get a consultation with a lawyer to get an idea of how illegal this guy's behaviour is.

All this stuff about beating the guy up will only make you look bad, limit your options, and could potentially create a very bad situation for you. You could scare the guy just as much by showing him you aren't afraid to exercise your rights, such as having the police pay him a visit, having a letter from a lawyer show up at his house for his parents to see, etc. It's looked upon much better when your response falls within the accepted channels of our society, rather than 'taking the law into your own hands'.

That said, if this jerk attacks you, wreck him - when it comes down to it you have to defend yourself. Just don't put yourself on the offensive.

If this is making you feel worried, scared, etc, I wouldn't hesitate to do something about it, because it's not right that this jerk ruin your enjoyment of your life for even a day.

Mar 31, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #35 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyRx7
Where's the link to this webpage?

Does it actually mention you by name, or are you inferring that the lyrics refer to you?

I don't buy above posters' idea that it is legal to blog anything you want. In Canada, freedom of expression is constitutionally protected but NOT absolute (e.g. hate speech is illegal). Expression is not 'anything goes' just because it's on the internet rather than written somewhere else. If the blog amounts to an express threat against you, I highly doubt that there'd be no recourse for you. Not only that, but if the site says untrue stuff about you, that could be defamation right there.

Maybe you should get a consultation with a lawyer to get an idea of how illegal this guy's behaviour is.

All this stuff about beating the guy up will only make you look bad, limit your options, and could potentially create a very bad situation for you. You could scare the guy just as much by showing him you aren't afraid to exercise your rights, such as having the police pay him a visit, having a letter from a lawyer show up at his house for his parents to see, etc. It's looked upon much better when your response falls within the accepted channels of our society, rather than 'taking the law into your own hands'.

That said, if this jerk attacks you, wreck him - when it comes down to it you have to defend yourself. Just don't put yourself on the offensive.

If this is making you feel worried, scared, etc, I wouldn't hesitate to do something about it, because it's not right that this jerk ruin your enjoyment of your life for even a day.

I agree with this statement not to fight 100%...but as I figured out, you do not always know whom you are dealing with, or how crazy the person is underneath (I am serious) You are right, confronting and communicating in positive manner -which I thought I emphasized- is the correct choice for 98.9% of the worlds population of human's, but there as I learned the hard way, some people that just are not chemically with it, and go haywire in life when you least deserve/expect it, and unwarranted sometimes. It can be serious, please address accordingly.

Note, the "winner" in my story, later went to the Marines *was kicked out* for repeated disciplinary action, ending in him (are you ready for this one) beating up his superior and and blindsiding/sucker puching a general in uniform....
I am just saying, you never know whom you are dealing with in life, crazy people have to live/come from some where, this person is currently in jail, and wouldn't you know, sometimes these types of people YOU GO TO SCHOOL with,
being cautious but having having fun- just saying from exp...most that have replied may/may not have had such a like exp, it sucks and sticks with you your whole life, hence my reply.
Sorry for the suggestion if this seems to make no sense, cheers and happy Friday,
Peace

Mar 31, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #36 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler
I agree with this statement not to fight 100%...but as I figured out, you do not always know whom you are dealing with, or how crazy the person is underneath (I am serious) You are right, confronting and communicating in positive manner -which I thought I emphasized- is the correct choice for 98.9% of the worlds population of human's, but there as I learned the hard way, some people that just are not chemically with it, and go haywire in life when you least deserve/expect it, and unwarranted sometimes. It can be serious, please address accordingly.

Note, the "winner" in my story, later went to the Marines *was kicked out* for repeated disciplinary action, ending in him (are you ready for this one) beating up his superior and and blindsiding/sucker puching a general in uniform....
I am just saying, you never know whom you are dealing with in life, crazy people have to live/come from some where, this person is currently in jail, and wouldn't you know, sometimes these types of people YOU GO TO SCHOOL with,
being cautious but having having fun- just saying from exp...most that have replied may/may not have had such a like exp, it sucks and sticks with you your whole life, hence my reply.
Sorry for the suggestion if this seems to make no sense, cheers and happy Friday,
Peace

That's crazy... the closest I have is that some guys that went to my high school ended up robbing a bank w/ shotguns, with a police chase ensuing, and as far as I know went away to prison for a long while
eek.gif

I agree it is a very difficult situation when some 'winner' with a warped conception of human norms of behaviour has it out for you. I guess I just think that if the situation turns serious and ends up getting sorted out formally, by being the person who took all the socially sanctioned steps to assert one's rights, you are creating a information marker that sets you out as the person in the right, and not the 'crazy' one. If you get involved in questionable responsive tactics, the line between you and the jerk is no longer so clear, from the perspective of someone who is trying to sort out what happened.

I am strongly for standing up for oneself, I just think it's best to use the most civil means possible, and to use the recourses society provides. That said, if standing up for oneself requires going beyond this, I would never hesitate to protect myself!

Mar 31, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #37 of 134
I've never been in this exact situation, but I have dealt with a fair amount of wackos.

A lot of people this age, especially in suburban neighborhoods and HS, try to act "gangsta" and "hardcore" but are just putting on airs and are totally full of ****. When push comes to shove, they wouldn't even mess with a 12 year old schoolgirl. A lot of what you decide to do will depend on what you think the deal is with this guy. If he's really full of it, then all you need to do is confront your GF and tell her to stop leading this guy on. He'll stew for a while and make a lot of noise, but he won't do anything serious.

If, OTOH, this guy can actually stir up real trouble (posse of friends, firearms, etc), then you need to gather up all the evidence you can and make sure you have backups; you need to be aware that he probably means you no good, and make sure your GF is aware too. Whether or not you decide to confront him, go to the police, etc. etc. is up to you. As of right now, all he did was write some crap in a blog, it may mean something, but then again it may not. You don't have any concrete evidence of his intentions. Then again, you may never have anything concrete until it's too late...

GL and rember not to overreact or do anything irrational yourself, and not give him any leverage for any legal action against you (meaning beating him up is probably not the best idea). That's the safe way for him to get back at you, and if you give him any leeway he'll jump all over it. To me, it sounds like he's simply an immature idiot and is just blowing hot air, but obviously I don't know the guy.

Mar 31, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #39 of 134
Audiofiler
Good advice, however, I don't think OP has guts/confidence to actually confront him. So until, as someone else in the thread said, he grows some muscle he can't really do anything. Besides, IMO, if the guy in question was really the type of guy you described he wouldn't be posting rap lyrics on the web, he would simply wait for the OP one day behind the school building and beat him up, either alone or with a bunch of friends.

Mar 31, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #40 of 134
I'd personally talk to the guy first, but not before telling some friends to call the police if something happens.

Getting the police first without talking to the guy may worsen the problem as it could give him more reasons to hate you. That is never a good thing.

@Echo_
Do you have an account at ocforums.com?

Just curious.

Apr 1, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #42 of 134
Blogging is different from threatening to kill and/or rape someone. The First Amendment protects free speech, but it sure as hell does not protect threats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
grow up some muscles...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzJackRabbit
So until, as someone else in the thread said, he grows some muscle he can't really do anything.

Muscles are good for a lot of things. They're good for health, sports, getting girls, and helping your friends move. Against weapons though, muscles are nothing except a couple more inches of flesh to penetrate. Because of that, always treat your opponent as if they are armed. Sure you may be able to beat him up with your muscles, but what if he pulls a knife, or worse, a gun? It only takes one bad day to kill you.

Right (and more importantly, the law) is on your side. There is no need to do anything that would change this. Keeping your distance will make it difficult for him to get in a fight with you. If you do get into a fight, I disagree with the sentiments to "crush" him. If you can escape, do so, then file assault charges. If you cannot escape, fight defensively (full bookbag to the chest works wonders) and look for a way out. There is no reason to add any ambiguity to this situation. If you beat him up, he can very well file charges against you claiming that he was just messing around online, and that you were the one that confronted and attacked him.

Apr 1, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #43 of 134
Alot of the difficulty in deciding what to do, I think, comes from the fact that you don't know about the person. Is he attempting to be online badass, or does he really have great hatred of you and your girlfriend. And if he has the aforementioned great hatred, whether he will actually go and attempt to make his blog lyrics real or not. I think it's safe to say that his strength or physical appearance is irrelevant in terms of how dangerous he is. It may affect his chances of killing someone, but you still don't want to be attacked in the first place. Also I would say that it's not possible to predict with any accuracy his chances of trying such stuff from the look of the guy, his actions, etc. For example IIRC plenty of people who threaten to commit suicide, contrary to the popular wisdom, go ahead to do just that.

I don't think the chances are high that anything serious will come of this. But since secretly posting lyrics containing desires to kill and rape people someone knows in real life is disturbing and threatening, you ought to take some kind of action. I think you should follow marvin's advice. Save the pages, get witnesses, go to the police, tell your girlfriend, more or less in that order (I suppose one could switch the last two depending on how likely one thinks it is that she will tip the guy off). The point of going to the police is not necessarily to get a restraining order or other action taken against him, but rather for future reference (although the order is optional, I don't know whether one should try for it or not).

I wouldn't initiate any confrontations with him. Depending on your relative size, how much you fear him, etc. I guess you could talk to him, but I would suggest doing so in as non-confrontational a way as one can possibly get when the topic is desires to murder someone.

BTW, to say it again, I agree with the advice of marvin, and I do not think the chances of serious occurances happening is great, but I do not think it should be ignored, and you should not seek out a confrontation.

Apr 1, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #44 of 134
It sounds like the other issue that needs to be addressed here is your girlfriend. She may be playing dumb and telling you that she's just trying to be nice, but that sounds like a complete load of crap to me.

I'd suspect that either she likes the attention, or there's more going on then you're aware of. Until she puts her foot down hard with this guy, I'd hold her every bit as responsible for this mess as I would him.

It's time to take a serious look at your relationship!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back