so...i got a death threat today...
Mar 31, 2006 at 2:35 PM Post #16 of 134
Its certainly a worry!! If it was me I don't know what I'd do, I'd probably be as confused as the nut bar who's written the blog.

I don't know if you can take his (behind your back) threat seriously though because well if he did kill you (sounds bad but bare with me!) he's published a motive on the web of all places!! So I'm not sure how serious those lyrics are, prehaps too influenced by eminem!!??

(Unless he's mentally ill then pay some serious attention!!)

The man, if serious, is nuts brother. Watch your back and take action if necessary!!

Mar 31, 2006 at 3:10 PM Post #17 of 134
Quote:

i'd show the GF first because otherwise he'll wipe the evidence before she gets to see just why she really needs to cut ties with this guy.

that right there is playing with fire.

An ex talking to the GF on the "we are just freinds" crap is always anything but when one side will not let go.In my world she gets the "him or me you can't have both" ultimatum and if she says she wants it both ways makes the decision easy,I step and it is him.

commitment means just that and if there are problems because of a single party and that party not cut loose 100% no good will come of it and yes,some have actually been injured or worse by obsessing ex'es who can not move on with their life.

8 months of this puke in your life and this is OK ?

Mar 31, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #18 of 134
Before contacting the Police I would ask has he actually broken any laws yet. People can post almost anything on the web even if it is distasteful and sometimes it is just nasty but pure fantasy that will not be acted out.

If threats are explicitly made (to you) by name then that is different but some rap is quite violent in its content and you cant go about reporting it to the Police. I would say tell the girlfriend and just practice avoidance.

Mar 31, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #19 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
well, sort of. The story goes like this. My girlfriend has this guy friend that she used to be sorta close with. He was obsessed with her even though she had a boyfriend at the time. When she split with her boyfriend, this guy wanted to get in on the action but I jumped into the picture and nabbed her instead. So now he seems to have a very strong dislike towards me, even though my girlfriend has repeatedly told him that he is nothing more than a friend and that she is not interested in him.

fast forward 8 months..

My girlfriend now hardly ever talks to him and tries to avoid him because he is coming off as a creep/stalker. He keeps complaining to her that she is letting their friendship/relationship go, and trying to manipulate her into spending more time with him through guilt trips, sympathy, etc. My girlfriend is too kind to tell him off, so she occasionally shows up at parties he throws, and says a polite hullo whenever she sees him, as to avoid tension.

Today one of my close friends tells me there's sh!t about me posted on the web. I find this extremely odd, and follow his link to find this creepers msn blog. On it he's written out numerous rap lyrics with the topics being both explicit and disgusting. They are all aimed at attacking me and my girlfriend. Some of the lyrics go into detail about how he is going to murder me and rape my girlfriend. I was so disturbed from reading these that I could not do anything for the remainder of the day. I lost my appetite and didn't get a single homework assignment done. I spent nearly an hour just shaking from rage and fear, until my best friend calmed me down. He has been trash talking me behind my back and making enemies for me. I have never done anything to offend him, I have spoken to him maybe twice in my entire life, and both times for less than a few seconds. He acts completely normal around me, doesn't show any hostility or hidden anger.

What should I do about this? My friend told me I should take this to the police, but I think that might worsen the situtation. I plan to tell my girlfriend about it tommorow, she hasn't seen the webpage yet. I really don't know what to do! I've never dealt with anything even close to something like a death threat or a jealous psycho.
frown.gif
please help guys, I need some advice and input..

sometimes you gotta beat people down.... i had a cousin who had some dude that did the same kinda got to the point where he grabbed my cousin told her she wasnt leaving anywhere... well next day me and my brother found the guy and well we kicked the crap out of him... and my cousin never heard from him again...

so sometimes violence works

Mar 31, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #20 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius

Or you could just kill the guy in his sleep and feed his body to the pigs.
evil_smiley.gif

Yesss... my precious.

Biggie.

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #21 of 134
the guy's just a s**ttalker. I don't think he'd actually step up. But . . . if he's truly a psycho, then he may just snap and pull something crazy. I'd confront the person with a crew in the background, and just tell him to chill out. Or else you and your boys are gonna hand his butt to him on a platter. See how he reacts, if he still looks serious (like in crazy way) then all you can do is either call the cops, or wait for him to make a move. Listen through the grapevine for clues, when stuff goes down someone always knows. Or, you could just straight whoop him, but it'd make you look bad, and could invite more trouble. Still, you have to send some kind of message, if this is bothering you that badly.

The best thing to do would be to just shake the whole thing off, but that's not always possible . . .

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #23 of 134
If the raps are directed at you specifically, get some witnesses, save the offending pages, and go to the police. Get a restraining order, and make sure you and girlfriend stay as far away from this guy as possible. And really, if your girlfriend doesn't immediately cut ties with this guy after she sees this, it's time to get a new girlfriend. Even if he seems perfectly harmless otherwise, you never know.

What I wouldn't do is try to intimidate him or get in a fight. If he's not serious, there's no reason to fight him and a visit from the cops will make him back down quickly. If he's serious, I doubt something as pissant as talking tough or the fist fight is going to dissuade him. And that's not to mention the fact that if you did beat him down, he could easily press assault charges, get his group and have you beaten, or if he's armed and you're not, put you and a few of your friends in the morgue. It is not worth it.

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #25 of 134
I would confront him and tell him straight up if he has a problem let's settle it one on one otherwise stop the trash talking, stop the contact with your GF or you will settle it for him.

Mar 31, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #26 of 134
I'll probably go against most of the replies here. In my opinion dogs that bark don't bite. I'm actually kind of amused that he posted all this crap online instead of taking it out in real life. Kind of "you hurt my e-felings" situation. LOL I wouldn't obsess over it. Live your normal life as you usually do, loosing sleep over this is ridiculous. Go on about your life as you usually do.

However, that said, taking several precautions is always a good sense.
1.Save all that crap on you local hard drive (prefferably before talking to your GF so she can't do anything stupid).
2.Go to police and report it so that in case anything happens, however unlikely it is, they will have something on the guy. Show them actual link on the web blog, if you show them local copy they might not belive you it's for real coming from that guy.
3.Show it to your GF since as I understand lyrics specifically refer to her so IMO she is obliged to know about it. Talk with her about it, pursuade her to break up with the guy for real.
4.Unless police instructs you not to talk about the blog with the guy you may confront him if you want. However, seeing as you already can't sleep I don't think that's a good idea. Unless you really sure you can beat him up if it turns into a fight don't do it.
5.Even though the guy is unlikely to do anything IMO, keep you and your GF in check. I wouldn't say don't walk the dark alley, however be aware of your surroundings. Otherwise live your life normally.

Mar 31, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #27 of 134
you gotta explain it in terms he understands...he is a rapper? then explain that if he doesnt cut the crap out you are gonna pop a cap into his a**

Mar 31, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #28 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin
If the raps are directed at you specifically, get some witnesses, save the offending pages, and go to the police. Get a restraining order, and make sure you and girlfriend stay as far away from this guy as possible. And really, if your girlfriend doesn't immediately cut ties with this guy after she sees this, it's time to get a new girlfriend. Even if he seems perfectly harmless otherwise, you never know.

What I wouldn't do is try to intimidate him or get in a fight. If he's not serious, there's no reason to fight him and a visit from the cops will make him back down quickly. If he's serious, I doubt something as pissant as talking tough or the fist fight is going to dissuade him. And that's not to mention the fact that if you did beat him down, he could easily press assault charges, get his group and have you beaten, or if he's armed and you're not, put you and a few of your friends in the morgue. It is not worth it.

Very well said, 2nd it.

Mar 31, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #29 of 134
Doesnt sound like hes technically done anything illegal... You can blog anything you want.

Why is your GF leading him on?... she needs to cut off all ties, if she really cares about you and your relationship together.

can you talk to a school counselor, in addition to the local police? copy / paste or screencap the blog and show it to them.

Garrett

Mar 31, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #30 of 134
Honestly I would think that it depends on what his blog says... I mean blogging and bitchning about stuff isn't illegal, or atleast I hope not becsaue I've done it, but when you start threatening others, it probably gets more complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back