So how about this "Storm of the Century" we're having?
Feb 2, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #31 of 46
Quote:
Haha just got the call; snow day tomorrow as well!

I hate the whole world. 

On the subject of cold days, if there is an air temp. of -35F here (excluding wind chill) the University will cancel classes. Nothing less. Low of -3, Illinois wimps... Cold days are especially backwards because rather than have children stay inside a school when it's supercold, they'd rather have them walk all around town to their friends' houses...

Exactly why I said they were stupid. I remember the first one of those I ever had, it was 35 and sunny that day, with a wind chill of about 25... Then they learned not to trust the weather channel.

Feb 2, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #33 of 46

Quote:
Quote:
Haha just got the call; snow day tomorrow as well!

I hate the whole world. 

On the subject of cold days, if there is an air temp. of -35F here (excluding wind chill) the University will cancel classes. Nothing less. Low of -3, Illinois wimps... Cold days are especially backwards because rather than have children stay inside a school when it's supercold, they'd rather have them walk all around town to their friends' houses...

Haha I don't get it either. It's probably the fact that the staff is too lazy or something. The entire district called school off.

Feb 2, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #34 of 46
It's a balmy 21F in Dallas, TX right now. There's a maximum of about an inch or so of ice on the roads and all the schools are closed. Only about half the plant made it in to work to boot. Course, it is Texas and any ice on the roads makes life interesting thanks to the other drivers on the road. That and the summer tires.

Feb 2, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #35 of 46
Just got back in from shoveling the driveway. Evidently the guy across the street came over early today and plowed most of it; I just had to do around the cars. At around 8-9" average, it still took me two hours just to do that small part, whereas I had been able to do the entire driveway plus the walkway in a little over an hour a few storms ago when only about 4" had fallen (today was the fourth time I had to shovel this winter). Maddeningly, it started snowing again just as I was finishing up the final section. At least my SRH440 kept my ears nice and toasty.

It wasn't the epic storm our area was promised, and for that I am glad, or else I would still be out there.

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #38 of 46
Cold days? You mean when you have to wear a sweatshirt in the mornings until the overcast burns off? Even then, you sometimes are more comfortable in a long-sleeved t-shirt.

For those of you who are instinctively reaching for my neck, I am moving this weekend to one of the hottest places in the country. Saw the thermometer top out at 118°F/48°C this summer.

On the other hand, you don't have to shovel air conditioning. :D

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #39 of 46

Quote:
On the other hand, you don't have to shovel air conditioning.
biggrin.gif

That's just.... Cold. 
biggrin.gif

See what I did there?

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #40 of 46
:)

The best part about the summers are the evenings. It'll still be in the 90°s, but the pool will also be in the 90°s. Have a little swim and then lay out and dry off while looking at the night sky.

Feb 3, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #41 of 46
Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

The best part about the summers are the evenings. It'll still be in the 90°s, but the pool will also be in the 90°s. Have a little swim and then lay out and dry off while looking at the night sky.

It's doubtful I will ever get used to the warm sauna-like pools here. I would like to feel refreshed with coolness when I jump in to a pool. Instead I think I'm in a hot tub without bubbles.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 3, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #42 of 46

Quote:
It's a balmy 21F in Dallas, TX right now. There's a maximum of about an inch or so of ice on the roads and all the schools are closed. Only about half the plant made it in to work to boot. Course, it is Texas and any ice on the roads makes life interesting thanks to the other drivers on the road. That and the summer tires.

It's way colder than that, trust me. We've had 3 days off in a row. Life is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back