So how about this "Storm of the Century" we're having?
Feb 2, 2011 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

Argyris

Head-Fi's third most long-winded poster.
It's supposed to drop around a foot of snow in Southeast Michigan tonight. So far there's been a lot of wind but not a lot of flakes. It's been wreaking havoc in its wake. Our business had to cancel a shipment from Colombia (no, not what you're thinking) on account of the weather.

How's everybody who's in the path of this thing doing? Where are you and how much snow did you get?

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #2 of 46
Here in NJ we've pretty much had snow on the ground since Christmas.  I don't mind too much, being a student we've already gotten like 4 or 5 delays (another one tomorrow!) plus 2 snowdays xD
It is a pain shoveling though, and the post office has already closed I think 2 or 3 times on days that it would normally be open.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 46
Counting what I'm assuming will be the motherlode tomorrow I'll have shoveled four times already this year. The driveway is over 100 feet long, so it's a little more involved than what most people have to deal with. On the bright side, it's good exercise. My university cancelled all its evening classes today and all classes tomorrow so at least I got a rare as hen's teeth college snow day.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #4 of 46
We got about 8-10" last week, ice yesterday morning, ice predicted for this morning. I don't mind, it gets me out of classes though I have to make them all up because of the program I am in. So really, when all said and done, I am not really getting a day off.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 46
This groundhogs day is exactly the same as the one I had yesterday.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #8 of 46
I'm in LA and heading to Arizona this weekend.

Highs in the 70s, lows in the 40s or 50s. Skies are clear.

Am I missing something?

:evil:

(Best wishes to you back there.)

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #9 of 46
Beat you to it, Uncle Erik! 
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #12 of 46
^ I was really hoping someone would get that

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #13 of 46
^I've been hearing that all day, there's gonna be a blizzard on groundhog day and it'll happen over and over... so I was waiting for the reference to show up somewhere.

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #14 of 46
Hmm...the most recent report seems to indicate that this thing's fizzling out around my area. A grand total of eight inches should have fallen by sunset later on today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back