So how about this "Storm of the Century" we're having?
Feb 2, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #16 of 46
im in NY right in the middle between Albany and NYC. yesterdays storm was decent, but todays storm didn't do what was predicted, we got maybe another inch and some light freezing rain so far and that's it.

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #18 of 46

Quote:
It's brutal out here in California. 65 degrees and sunny today, oh the suffering of me!

Same here in Saint Pete Beach Fl, winter delivering yet another week of below average (avg 71) w/ multi - chilly 65 degree days in a row, though I see 76 forcasted on Thurs, but it's the onshore breezy winds which really causes one to feel somewhat chilled :wink:

/ R.I. certainly is a good place to be from this Winter :wink: 

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #21 of 46
Every single town in the Midwest is getting pummeled except for sunny Minneapolis. I WANT A SNOW DAY SO BAD.

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #22 of 46

Quote:
Every single town in the Midwest is getting pummeled except for sunny Minneapolis. I WANT A SNOW DAY SO BAD.

Lovin' my snow day.
biggrin.gif
Hoping for a "cold day" tomorrow, since I really don't want to go to school tomorrow, but I doubt that's going to happen. Had fun playing in the snow with my family though.

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #24 of 46
Just got back from work after working a double shift last night/this morning.  It looked like a hurricane last night! There was a 5ft snow drift I just got done shoveling in our driveway and the side roads are pretty much terrible in all Milwaukee.  Can't wait till spring
confused_face.gif

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #26 of 46
Haha just got the call; snow day tomorrow as well!

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #28 of 46

Quote:
Haha just got the call; snow day tomorrow as well!

I hate the whole world. 

On the subject of cold days, if there is an air temp. of -35F here (excluding wind chill) the University will cancel classes. Nothing less. Low of -3, Illinois wimps... Cold days are especially backwards because rather than have children stay inside a school when it's supercold, they'd rather have them walk all around town to their friends' houses...

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #29 of 46

Quote:
Just got back from work after working a double shift last night/this morning.  It looked like a hurricane last night! There was a 5ft snow drift I just got done shoveling in our driveway and the side roads are pretty much terrible in all Milwaukee.  Can't wait till spring
confused_face.gif

My father's house: 2 Deep 2 Flurrious -Milwaukee Drift

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #30 of 46
Snow underperformed here, compared to predictions. It's even sunny right now.

Most of the the schools and many businesses had preemptively announced Wednesday closings by 2 PM Tuesday. And to be honest, traffic Tuesday night was pretty rough; not a lot of snow but it was the right type to slick the roads down thoroughly.

At the grocery stores yesterday, I saw a lot more people stocking up on snacks and booze than on emergency staples.

I have a feeling that for most people this was going to be an improvised holiday rather than a weather emergency. Regardless of the snowfall, today's the day Michigan locked the hatches, ate a whole bag of chips and napped. It's the first official Midwinter Fatigue Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back