Smyth Research Realiser A16 Speaker Edition
Dec 14, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #32 of 139
Also the problem being : does anyone know of Jean-Luc Haurais and what his past looks like...
apart from the bankruptcy of Tuto4pc in 2016, his company Eorezo being an adware source and Ulimit also being bankrupt in 2021...

I am not criticizing the guy, only trying to size him up for what he is worth...

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #33 of 139
It seems that Jean-Luc Haurais and Gilles Gerin have partnered in a deal with Realiser A16 and Realiser A16 speaker edition devices. It’s not quite clear what role Smyth Research has in this partnership other than providing Realiser A16 devices.

Dec 14, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #34 of 139
Assuming a Realiser A16 owner buys an upgrade to the speaker edition, what will he do if service is needed later? How will he know if the issues are related to the part of Smyth Research or to that of Audioxd within his upgraded Realiser A16 speaker edition?
One would buy the A16SE from Giles, and send it back to Giles in case of problems.

I'm still wondering if there are any hardware changes at all for the SE version, of if it's just software.

Dec 14, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #35 of 139
If only software upgrade was needed, why would one send an existing Realiser A16 device to Gilles Gerin? Actually, the av-in.com website states that “L'opération de conversion nécessite une prise en charge avec retour chez AV-in à Paris” (The conversion operation requires support with return to AV-in in Paris, translate by google translate).

Dec 14, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #37 of 139
It seems that Jean-Luc Haurais and Gilles Gerin have partnered in a deal with Realiser A16 and Realiser A16 speaker edition devices. It’s not quite clear what role Smyth Research has in this partnership other than providing Realiser A16 devices.
I was told, second hand, that the Smyths and the guys doing the speaker software go way back. I think the Smyths are even on their advisory board.

Jan 30, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #39 of 139
At homecinema-fr.com, there’s a post on an improvement of the Realiser A16 Speaker Edition prototype, which might be seen after the visit of the project team to Smyth Research in Northern Ireland.

Maybe the visit to Northern Ireland brings more transparency as to the working principle of the prototype. I also hope that the project team doesn’t take over from Smyth Research with respect to communicating with their prospective customers.

Feb 27, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #40 of 139
Well, it's first quarter of 2022, so I have to ask whether this thing is available and has anyone managed to secure one? And, if so, any word on has well it works?

Feb 27, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #41 of 139
At https://av-in.com/collections/acces...aliser-a16-en-se-speaker-edition-par-audio-xd there is the following clarification: *upgrade made in January 2022.

If a Realiser A16 owner had already gone through such an approach, then I would have expected a review or at least some brief impressions. Even on the French forum where there was a little more discussion about the Realiser A16 SE (Speaker Edition), I couldn’t read any other news.

For someone else to buy a new product, I think it depends on Smyth Research to deliver a Realiser A16 that will be transformed into an A16 SE by Audio XD later.

May 15, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #42 of 139
By reading at HomeCinema-FR forum, it follows that one user has already got his unit of Smyth A16 Speaker Edition by Audio XD.
https://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post180930034.html#p180930034

However, there’s no more information than that is already available at av-in.com. I think it’s quite strange that Audio XD or av-in.com didn’t make available the user manual, while Smyth Research has posted the user manual for Realiser A16 at their website.

May 31, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #43 of 139
The first impressions of a prospective customer after listening to a Realiser A16 Speaker Edition unit in the room of an owner are available at
https://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post180937883.html#p180937883

The original text is in French, but it can be easily understood by using google translate. The conclusion of the listening session highlighted very good, spectacular, excellent on home cinema but still hesitating on rendering music.

I think the post at the above-mentioned link is quite fair as opposed to previously reports that highlighted Realiser A16 Speaker Edition as a miracle solution.

Nov 5, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #44 of 139
For those who can fly to France in person or virtually, Paris Audio Video Show 2022 takes place at Palais des Congrès on 5-6 November 2022.
Old acquittance: Smyth Realiser Audio XD, Hall Bordeaux, Salle 301
Smyth Realiser_Audio XD 01.jpg
Source: https://www.homecinema-fr.com/repor...video-show-2022-les-toutes-1eres-decouvertes/

Nov 7, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #45 of 139
There’s a new video interview with Jean-Luc Haurais and testimonials on Realiser A16 Speaker Edition posted at Gilles Gerin’s YouTube page. For those who understand French language, here’s the link.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back