SMSL SU-10 is active now with MQA-CD supported
Mar 30, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #99 of 108
I didn't really hear a difference between the SU10 and the X26 Pro in my setup, everything is balanced using a Burson Soloist 3xp as the headphone amp and my PC as the source. Differences I thought I had noticed, I'd go back and listen again on the other dac and hear the same thing. I did, however, prefer the A26 to the SU10 though, but at the msrp price difference I'm not sure I'd chase that since I already own the SU10. I've always slightly preferred the AKM sound to ESS though. I always volume match comparisons as close as possible with an actual SPL meter.

As a note, I did get my SU10 for $650 due to customs scratching the crap out of the case. So there may be some bias at play here. My luck seems to be horrible when ordering stuff direct from China. The stores always blame it on customs.

Sep 1, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #102 of 108
I just got the SU-10 and yes, it works as advertised. I am very pleased with it.
What'd you mean with it works as advertised?

Oct 6, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #104 of 108
I like the way the SU-10 has those audiophile qualities, the linear power supply and the beefy output stage, and then it gets a lukewarm reception. It's too expensive, it's over-engineered, it sounds the same as something with a switching power supply.... Soncoz did the same thing with the SGA1 and SGD1, and they got a big pat on the back for it.
It's supposed to emulate those things that the 'elite' audiophiles care about in western DAC's.

I get that it's easy to be cynical about SMSL and Topping. But damn, lol... there are a lot of other things to be cynical about as well, hmm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back