SMSL M500 MQA DAC
Oct 13, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #78 of 144
Oct 14, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #80 of 144
WELL I ORDERED A PRODUCT FROM SHENZENAUDIO AND LIVE IN UK. THE COURIER DHL WANTS £18 DUTY CHARGE. COMPLETE JOKE. NOTHING WAS MENTIONED ABOUT THIS ON SHENZENAUDIO WEBSITE. EXTREMELY BAD.
I just simulated a M500 buy in Shenzenaudio, to a random UK zipcode, and the fees are 0£.
It is strange that the courier asked for a price after the order was made with the seller.
Is that duty charge related with customs? If so, it is rather inexpensive, and I would suggest you pay it.
If not, transport companies cannot charge extraordinary shipping fees after the deal was made.
Some weeks ago, a friend of mine was contacted by text message regarding an extra fee he should pay to a shipping company for some item he was expecting. It turned out to be a scam. Be careful, try to figure out with the seller or with the shipping company what are those charges for. Because if they are for customs, and if the item comes from China, it is your obligation to know how much it will cost you, in taxes, to import something out of your commercial zone, and to pay.

Oct 19, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #86 of 144
WELL I ORDERED A PRODUCT FROM SHENZENAUDIO AND LIVE IN UK. THE COURIER DHL WANTS £18 DUTY CHARGE. COMPLETE JOKE. NOTHING WAS MENTIONED ABOUT THIS ON SHENZENAUDIO WEBSITE. EXTREMELY BAD.
This has nothing to do with the seller in China...is this the first time you imported something? We're used to taking it in the pants when we buy anything outside Europe. DHL and their pals are famous for figuring out new and ingenious ways of separating us from our money. Be happy it's only 18 pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back