Small Objective 2 Review
Nov 5, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #61 of 69
Quote:

I have one but not a pair of them. Muses01 has 25mA max current output vs 70 mA for the recommended opamp. 

For what its worth, tried a pair of lme49720. Sounded brighter than the stock opamps but the bass punch was weak. 

thanks

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #62 of 69
Quote:
I have one but not a pair of them. Muses01 has 25mA max current output vs 70 mA for the recommended opamp.

Do you mean the output (NJM4556) op amps ? I am not sure if those are what audionewbi referred to. In any case, it is not recommended to "roll" the output buffers, unless you cannot get the NJM4556AD for some reason.

Jun 29, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #63 of 69
I just received the Objective2 from JDS Labs last night and had the amp plugged into the wall with the AC/AC power adapter all night to break in some new IEMS.  This morning, the power button comes on but no sound through the headphones.  I see in the included "manual" the batteries need to be recharged if I hear no sound.  Even though the amp was connected to power all night, why would the internal batteries or plugged in still not produce any sound?

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #64 of 69
Quote:
I just received the Objective2 from JDS Labs last night and had the amp plugged into the wall with the AC/AC power adapter all night to break in some new IEMS.  This morning, the power button comes on but no sound through the headphones.  I see in the included "manual" the batteries need to be recharged if I hear no sound.  Even though the amp was connected to power all night, why would the internal batteries or plugged in still not produce any sound?

Does the amp work on AC power? All O2's are pre-charged.

It's normal for O2 to disable output when the batteries are low. We test every amp twice (once on AC power without batteries, once again on battery power). So, this is most likely a power adapter problem.

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #65 of 69
Sorry to go off topic but is there any plans to redesign O2 so the volume and input/output is at the smaller side for better stacking and transport?

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #66 of 69
Quote:
Sorry to go off topic but is there any plans to redesign O2 so the volume and input/output is at the smaller side for better stacking and transport?

Want to help track down an anonymous blogger? New O2 development is limited by the state in which NwAvGuy/RocketScientist left his projects.

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #67 of 69
Quote:

Does the amp work on AC power? All O2's are pre-charged.

It's normal for O2 to disable output when the batteries are low. We test every amp twice (once on AC power without batteries, once again on battery power). So, this is most likely a power adapter problem.

It did work last night, but now the batteries and adaptar will play for a few seconds and the sound will have static and cut back off.  Not sure what the problem could be.  I assume the batteries are drained?? but this shouldn't happen with the power adapter plugged into the wall as well.

Jun 29, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #68 of 69
Quote:
It did work last night, but now the batteries and adaptar will play for a few seconds and the sound will have static and cut back off.  Not sure what the problem could be.  I assume the batteries are drained?? but this shouldn't happen with the power adapter plugged into the wall as well.

Defective AC adapter. We'll send another.

May 29, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #69 of 69
I build Objective2 head amp kit, about 3months ago. I choose DIY version, because i needed to mod inputs and outputs for my studiopurposes.
Build was very straightforward and painless and first time that i plugged it in without any source and cranked volume all the way up, and heard nothing. Oh crap.
Hit gain switch, and still nothin. Uh, i must do something wrong. It´s not working. Well then i plugged source on it, and whoah, everything is just beautiful!
It´s just so silent, that it´s unbelieveble!

And how is the sound quality?
It is very, very transparent. It does what amplifier should do, in my books: Amplify the signal. Nothing else. And boy does it do that well!
Tight and faithfull represention. No BS. Just love it.
Stunning noisefloor and channel separation, minimal distortion and enough gain for any cans. What else could you want?
Oh and price is just ridicilous! I heard ten times more expensive headamps, that did not perform like this one.
You really have to make an effort to find something better when we are speaking about pure performance, and forget about it´s price and the fact that it´s so small and lack of esoteric woods, and other highend bling.

And here is my finished product, in beatifully handcrafted enclosure, by yours truly:
32245226154_3d5425159b_z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back