Small cut on ath-m50 wire
Apr 22, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 19
Why would you take out the spring man? That thing is there in order to protect this from happening. Plus it looks cool, and without it the giant silver plug would look out of place with the black cable.

Apr 22, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #7 of 19

Quote:
Well I learned the spring didn't protect the wire instead it would come out of the jack and the sharp side would cut my wire so I think it was a good idea :p

Uhh...where the hell did you learn the spring didn't protect the cable? It's a strain reliever. Not a good idea at all, I don't know what you were thinking. 

Apr 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #8 of 19
Well in my case it didn't ^^ it got ou of my jack and as I was trying to get it back in it cut my wire a bit il post pics in morning. But it's harline.

I was worried it would get bigger up until I can see re bare wire or is there enamel outside ofthe wire?

Would it be a good idea to buy a replacement better spring

Apr 22, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #14 of 19

+1
Jaben cable on my TF.10 started to fall apart, tossed in a little superglue and thought hey that'll work. Next day took them out and the rest of the cable ripped apart at the connector.

On goes the stock cable and I savaged the rest of that cable and tossed them on my KSC75.

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe fill the small crack with superglue? lol.

DONT, been there done that. BAD idea xD

Apr 22, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #15 of 19
Or err...maybe use a lighter and some plastic / rubber laying around, and drip some molten plastic/rubber onto the crack. Might be better than directly flaming the cable with a lighter / heat source since that could induce excessive melting of the cable rubber and make the situation worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back