SM64 To Replace SM3
Dec 16, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #17 of 261
Did anyone notice how the new impedance rating is a whopping 112 ohms!
eek.gif

Sensitivity is still a ridiculous 122 dB... so it should be easy to drive despite the impedance.

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #18 of 261
I'm so tempted to spend the $530 to get them but I know the price will be cheaper from other vendors when they get them.  I think they'll be like $450, Sears online is selling the SM3 V2 for $500 but at least shipping is free.

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #22 of 261
I remeber when SM3's used to be $300 or something - probably the main reason I bought them.  Competition is stiff these days - but I really liked the lush sound of the SM3 especially it's treble, I only found it had a tendency to overdramtise music for lack of a better word.  Waiting for someone else to buy one of these, not ordering from overseas this close to chirstmas...

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #25 of 261
Quote:
Sounds like Headfi justification to me 
wink_face.gif

I guess I do belong then. 

Also, I realized why they're called the SM64's. On the description of the 64's, Earsonics says they worked hard to one-up their EM6 and EM4. Yikes! I wonder why they chose to make something with supposedly better sound than their customs a universal? Perhaps they thought they'd have more buyers because the price of universals don't reach the custom price range?

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #26 of 261
Quote:
I guess I do belong then. 

Also, I realized why they're called the SM64's. On the description of the 64's, Earsonics says they worked hard to one-up their EM6 and EM4. Yikes! I wonder why they chose to make something with supposedly better sound than their customs a universal? Perhaps they thought they'd have more buyers because the price of universals don't reach the custom price range?

Next up, EM65 and EM67. :wink:

Dec 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #27 of 261
Quote:

Next up, EM65 and EM67. :wink:

Indeed. Although they don't have a 5 so maybe no 65. 

I shipped my W3's to SE two days ago and am currently waiting for the 64's to be in stock on SE. Unfortunately Adam doesn't know when exactly the 64's are going to arrive in Ohio from France, but it may be early next year. I'll just have to be patient until then..

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #28 of 261
the impedance on these are crazy!!
basshead.gif
 earsonics emphasizes that the will go super loud without any distortion, but im afraid they wont be loud enough without amping. unless that is a typo, i dont see myself considering them for portable use. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back