SM3 v2 or IE8 with TWAG custom cable?
Feb 21, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #16 of 20
Good silver cables are extremely revealing. Many think they are cold and fast sounding but in essence they are just highlighting deficiencies up stream.

They are able to let through resolution, introduces very subtle nuances into the sound resulting in better soundstaging in the x,y,z axis. They are able to make images pop from nowhere and disappear as fast as it came.

Silver cables possess two main attributes an they are:
1. Dynamics- macro and micro-  Although as said in a previous post, they introduce little in terms of a deeper or fuller bass, but you do get better decay and roundness
2. Producing the leading edge on notes, and this perhaps is what makes music sound that much more realistic and real, and why some people swear by Silver Cables.

Just thoughts after playing with cables for a very long time in home systems and recently on earphones.

Quote:
Hi can you build on what lee said?

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #17 of 20
Good silver cables are extremely revealing. Many think they are cold and fast sounding but in essence they are just highlighting deficiencies up stream.

They are able to let through resolution, introduces very subtle nuances into the sound resulting in better soundstaging in the x,y,z axis. They are able to make images pop from nowhere and disappear as fast as it came.

Silver cables possess two main attributes an they are:
1. Dynamics- macro and micro-  Although as said in a previous post, they introduce little in terms of a deeper or fuller bass, but you do get better decay and roundness
2. Producing the leading edge on notes, and this perhaps is what makes music sound that much more realistic and real, and why some people swear by Silver Cables.

Just thoughts after playing with cables for a very long time in home systems and recently on earphones.

Thanks for youre reply.
Will the bass quantity increase with the twag cables?

Feb 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #18 of 20
I have never used Twag, but they should sound good and are cryo treated which I am informed helps on a molecular level, Not sure how pure their silver cable is though? I don't think it is 99%+??? I am sure someone can confirm!

I am using a good pure silver 5N OCC cable with my red 535, and NO, it didn't add any bass for me because of what it added in the mids and highs it even made the 535 sound as it was bass shy. Dynamically, it was out of this world. Hence, I bought and introduce the Triad L3 into my set up and, besides the source letting the side down, it is pretty heavenly sounding!

I don't really think you need more bass with IE8., 80? Maybe more definition?

Or do you?

Feb 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #19 of 20
I listen to techno trance dance music so I can always use more bass!!
I hope someone will confirm the twag silver cable....

I guess if it doesn't add any bass and you said it even took some bass away. I won't go for them

I read somewhere that copper or gold(one o them) addslre bass while silver is for clarity. Is this correct?

Feb 21, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #20 of 20
Good copper adds power to the sound but no finesse.

I can only think copper/silver hybrid in your case..............not as detailed as a silver but bass presence is maintained  and improved upon, better balance and coherency and not so revealing of source deficiencies. I have a Baldur mk2 which is a silver/copper hybrid cable that I was using to good effect on both the W4 and 535. I also have a silver/gold hybrid in which i am using on the W4 at this moment.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back