SlimDevices/Logitech SqueezeBox Owners
Mar 21, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #91 of 92
looks like a bunch of good options, but I'm still on the fence (though not because their videos crashed my browser :wink: it seems, however, as if their transporter mod is mainly aimed at things you would bypass. I'm currently okay with its internal DAC (using an Oppo universal spinner) and its balanced analog out into my amp. I guess I'm delaying the next step on this jacob's ladder  /:->

Quote:
Mod your Transporter too.  It will make a really big difference.  I traveled a very similar road.

Go to ASI Teknologies and they can give you a really dynamite mod for a really good price if you use a low noise power supply from Audio-gd and two of their clocks, plus an R-core trafo and some upgraded caps.  www.asi-tek.com

I'm only using the Transporter for the digital output, so we disabled everything else to make the signal as clean as can possibly be: no analog outputs, no DAC.

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #92 of 92
You don't have to bypass the analog outputs if you don't want.  I just chose to do that to minimize any extra potential noise since I wasn't going to be using the analog outputs anyway.

By the way, since you mentioned Oppo, he also specializes in Oppo mods.  He told me he does more of those than anything else.  I can't comment on those though because I've never heard his modified one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back