Slim Devices Transporter!/New $2000 Slimbox
Sep 17, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #136 of 148
Up you go for the official release tomorrow, Sept. 18th!

Sep 18, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #137 of 148
oh my. the black one would look so perfect in my Tower...but so costly!

Sep 20, 2006 at 1:24 PM Post #139 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82
I found videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nqsx...elated&search=

It looks like it's much easier to use the computer and Foobar, you can click with the mouse faster. Transporter is for those who sit down in couch and do whiskey swirling.

Or just want to pick an album and stick with it to listen to. If you listen to whole albums the SB3 interface is very natural.

Sep 20, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #141 of 148
that is true, but if u have a pc as dedicated hard disk server it generates a lot of noise in the listening room. you can get away from the noise with a transporter. of coz u can get a super long usb cable and a nokia remote but you will be again without the mouse.

Sep 20, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #143 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig
that is true, but if u have a pc as dedicated hard disk server it generates a lot of noise in the listening room. you can get away from the noise with a transporter. of coz u can get a super long usb cable and a nokia remote but you will be again without the mouse.

...or you could just silence your computer. Not everybody has an audible PC!

Sep 20, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #144 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by steaxauce
Has anyone bought one of these? I want impressions!

Several people have pre-ordered the unit but that's all you can do at this point. Slim Devices is saying (on their site) that the expected ship date is "3 to 4 weeks".

Sep 22, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #145 of 148
WE want IMPRESSIONS!!!

Sep 22, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #146 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig

My server is in a closet in another room, and my computers are extremely quiet. I have no problem using a computer as a transport, no need for a Transporter.
evil_smiley.gif

I'd like to see higher res pics of the innards. But from the low res pics looks like chock full of electrolytics and op-amps.
rolleyes.gif

I do like that AKM chip, though.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back