Sleek SA6
May 5, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #736 of 1,423
I never said that it is a bad thing - have sa6 ordered for my gf, so I'll check them out
wink.gif

May 5, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #737 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was told they didn't require burn-in either, but I'm hearing more soundstage depth the longer I use them. OK, so maybe I'm getting used to them and it's all psychological.

SO???

As long as it works, I'm OK with it

Ya, as i said if its a myth, its got me fooled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eternality.pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never said that it is a bad thing - have sa6 ordered for my gf, so I'll check them out
wink.gif

I think you will enjoy them and not want to give them up. They do sound pretty nice, not the normal overbloated bass and no treble sparkle or detail. Being able to change them up to what you like and you "audio signature" is pretty kewl...now you can use 1 can and contour to everyones tastes in sound.

May 5, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #738 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They do sound pretty nice, not the normal overbloated bass and no treble sparkle or detail.

I'm not following -- you seriously hear no treble detail? But you think they sound nice?

As I understand it, Shures (like your e4) are noted for having recessed treble. You're getting less with your SA6?

May 5, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #739 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not following -- you seriously hear no treble detail? But you think they sound nice?

As I understand it, Shures (like your e4) are noted for having recessed treble. You're getting less with your SA6?

i think you misunderstood...I was saying its not like the average IEM...the E4 is not the average by any means =)

They do sound pretty nice, not the normal overbloated bass and no treble sparkle or detail.

May 5, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #740 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think you misunderstood...I was saying its not like the average IEM...the E4 is not the average by any means =)

Heheh...I think I misunderstood, too.
redface.gif
Thanks for clarifying.

May 5, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #741 of 1,423
I just got my SA6 last Friday. I currently have them on treble +/bass + and although I like them quite a bit, for some reason (compared to my previous
E2/UM1s/Auravana) the 17 volume I normally put my Zen Vision M seems insufficient with the SA6. I have tried the default bi-flange, my modded shure bi-flange (further modded to cut the stem) and the shure black foams but they all gave me pretty the same feeling that 17 was no longer sufficient.

Any thoughts?

May 5, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #742 of 1,423
You know what i havent even tried them straight out of Zen, will have to give that a try. I use my govibe most of the time.

May 5, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #743 of 1,423
Quote:

Originally Posted by klear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my SA6 last Friday. I currently have them on treble +/bass + and although I like them quite a bit, for some reason (compared to my previous
E2/UM1s/Auravana) the 17 volume I normally put my Zen Vision M seems insufficient with the SA6. I have tried the default bi-flange, my modded shure bi-flange (further modded to cut the stem) and the shure black foams but they all gave me pretty the same feeling that 17 was no longer sufficient.

Any thoughts?

It is normal.
The SA6 have a slightly higher impedance than the average IEM.

May 5, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #744 of 1,423
They are 50ohm i believe, i cant remember the sensitivity, but i think i remember bill from sleek saying they were 110.

May 5, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #745 of 1,423
From what I remember when I compared the specs to the E500's the SA6's are higher impedance and lower sensitivity so they'll require a bit more on the volume dial.

May 5, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #746 of 1,423
also something i noticed, they dont quite isolate like the E4. I cant normally hear a person when im using my E4s. I can for sure hear someone speaking to me with the SA6s in my ears.

May 5, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #748 of 1,423
im using the bi flange on the SA6s, medium size.

on the e4, using the tri flange cut down to bi flange.

I tried the SA6 tips on the E4s and it does seem to seem to lessen the isolation.

May 5, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #749 of 1,423
Yeah, i find the Sleek bi-flanges to isolate less than the black olives I use so it's possible that part of it. Also if you're using one of the bass ports that has a tiny hole it that might also have an impact although if it did I can't see it being very significant.

May 5, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #750 of 1,423
Im listening to the SA6s with the Lavry DA10 as my DAC and Amp, have to admit...they sound wonderful. They really seem to have a nice soundstage. Im really enjoying these that much im going to sell my E4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back