Sleek Audio CT20: First Impressions
Apr 5, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #201 of 303
Perfect for current economy ... unless it is a typo - $800 would a nice price and folks would jump on the deal ... it is not just the headphones alone that determine the sound quality - source us equally if not more important and where would one find a portable source that would be the right match for the high price tag and matching high sound quality ...

Apr 5, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #202 of 303
kiss my arse for $8000.

Apr 5, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #203 of 303
By this logic, having full sized headphones and just stuffing as many drivers as possible into them will create a world of sound that doesn't even exist yet.

I believe I am onto something.

Here is what it will be like

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #206 of 303
Been out for a week, don't have time to read through now, just to let you guys know, I've gotten mine today. Will post 1st impression soon.

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #207 of 303
I'm late to the party, but Bravo! for a great April Fool's joke.  However, the joke's on you because I contacted Sleek Audio in conjuction with other head-fi'ers famous for excess and they are constructing a 44.1 driver IEM for us (they felt that even they couldn't do 48, 96, or 192 drivers).  The price is undisclosed but should be just slightly less than a few famous power cords that have made the rounds here on head-fi.  I should soon have some pictures up of me wearing nothing but the prototypes and some awesome Euro-style boxers...and don't forget the Hello Kitty sheets. 

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #209 of 303
If they really do that, I think I am glad that my ears would be too small.
Because my wallet certainly is!
eek.gif

I think this is where I would just say "it's Cans for me!" if I want stellar audio quality on my head.
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back