Slammin' BASS
Jan 28, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-24dB from 250Hz and up.
basshead.gif

I tried lowering the highs and mids instead of raising the bass, and now I've got a pretty good amount. I think before I was getting clipping because I was leaving everything at 0 and raising the bass.

Jan 28, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #17 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaisin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried lowering the highs and mids instead of raising the bass, and now I've got a pretty good amount. I think before I was getting clipping because I was leaving everything at 0 and raising the bass.

As with any equalizing: cut, don't boost.

Jan 28, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #18 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't imagine anything being more bassy than the PS-1. I honestly prefer my KSC75 to the PS-1 (though, of course, I'd much rather have a PS-1 so I could sell it and get a sweet headphone amp and start saving up for a CDP
biggrin.gif
).

Same here. I heard a bunch of DT770's at the meet on different rigs, none of them even compared to the PS-1's once I put those on. I mean, it's just plain deep, crazy, insane, subwoofer-in-your-ear bass. The DT770's have a lot of midbass and upper bass, but the low bass is quite lacking (at least on a stock DT770), so when you put on the PS-1's, it's overwhelming. I doubt I would be able to listen to those long without going deaf.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #19 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaisin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My HeadRoom Desktop Portable Amp came in yesterday, and I've been using it with my DT770s. The bass is ridiculous.
basshead.gif
Are there any other headphones that have as much or close to the same amount of bass? I'd be interested in trying them out if they exist.

Darth em! hahahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
Darths has more bass than stock DT770?
Oh.. no
I don't think i can handle that much bass
We'll see when she gets here

If worse comes to worse, do what I did and plug up the holes with adhesive putty (Example).

I'de love to compare my SkyBeyers to the PS-1.
((
basshead.gif
))

Jan 28, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #20 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darth em! hahahaha

If worse comes to worse, do what I did and plug up the holes with adhesive putty (Example).

I'de love to compare my SkyBeyers to the PS-1.
((
basshead.gif
))

Technically, no where did the OP say that he wanted new headphones with even more bass than the DT 770. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that he's so amazed by the bass with the micro amp, that he'd be extremely surprised if any other headphone could deliver more.

Jan 28, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #21 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by vo328 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
basshead.gif
Wow... you want even more bass???
basshead.gif

I cannot imagine more bass than the DT770.

I just had a little mini-meet with my next-door neighbor, who owns DT770 (250 Ohm). They are really a nice listen. The bass was ample alright but also somewhat cavernous.

Both my PROline 2500 and 750 went deeper & tighter, and with substantially better authority overall.
750prolinebx3.png

Jan 28, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #22 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Technically, no where did the OP say that he wanted new headphones with even more bass than the DT 770. correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh?
Quote:

Originally Posted by OP
Are there any other headphones that have as much or close to the same amount of bass? I'd be interested in trying them out if they exist.

^_^

Jan 28, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #25 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyungryul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont understand posts like these, honestly, i dont think my stock dt770 pro80 has lots of bass

I find my dt770/80, with a decent source, sounds very bassy with bassy music(or the game BF2). A lot of times there's too much bass, but I've gotten used to it. In fact, now that I'm using a source that is bass light, I miss the good old, steak-thick bass=]

Jan 28, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #26 of 56
Jan 29, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #27 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyungryul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which portable source has lots of bass then?
I do have bf2, and bf2142 but my gaming machine is out of order at the moment and i havent gotten around fixing it.

i was thinking of getting one of these:
http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/ser...=n46881n100335

http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/ser...h=46881n100314

the s600 is suppose to have longer battery life and stuff but anyone have these players?

I doubt either of those can drive a pair of 250 ohm phones very well.

Jan 29, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #28 of 56
I searched for the PS-1's. I wouldn't mind hearing them, but they are really expensive. Maybe I will get them down the road.

Jan 29, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #30 of 56
Darth DT770-250 have more bass than PS-1 with flats... not better mind you but more in quantity. I've yet to hear another can that can match the PS-1's lush warm midrange with the bass to keep pace.

If you like the DT770 but just want more bass get a amp with bass boost
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back