Slammin' BASS
Jan 28, 2007 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

jaisin

New Head-Fier
My HeadRoom Desktop Portable Amp came in yesterday, and I've been using it with my DT770s. The bass is ridiculous.
basshead.gif
Are there any other headphones that have as much or close to the same amount of bass? I'd be interested in trying them out if they exist.

Jan 28, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #3 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by vo328 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
basshead.gif
Wow... you want even more bass???
basshead.gif

I cannot imagine more bass than the DT770.

basshead.gif
Neither can I!!!!
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

So since I don't think there's a bass heavier can.....looks like you should think about another amp. Maybe some tube amp that's known to be more on the warmer side: ie Mapple Tree or something

Jan 28, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 56
[size=xx-large]D-D-Darth! Darth![/size]

Seriously owns stock DT770
biggrin.gif
!

Jan 28, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #6 of 56
i may sound silly for mentioning this but koss portapro. i have used these for years and have the dt770 which has much better bass, but as for destroying the manifold of the headphone itself, the portapro seems to yeild better results. sometimes, the plastic rattle is so much that my ears get numb! trance and portapro, try it out and you will believe it think, but it certainly sounds nothing as good as the excellent dt770.

Jan 28, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #10 of 56
Hmm...

DT770 w/ -12db from 500hz and up on the EQ?

Jan 28, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #13 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is it though? Is it slow, deep and muddy, or fast, tight and hard hitting?

It depends on who you ask, and what they have heard. For me, it's moderately fast, somewhat boomy, but not muddy(read:subwoofery), not as tight as the less expensive but different sound sig'd hd555, and VERY hardhitting(my old grado sr80 had a lot more bass impact, but the sheer bass weight the dt770 has somehow accomodates for that).[size=xx-small]*edit*(The grado's were heavily equalizered though. Forgot)[/size]

That's just my opinion though, and I'm aware that perceptions of the dt770's bass varies wildly
wink.gif

*edit*
IN FACT! I don't think enough dt770 owners speak up about their beloved can(and I know they're out there)! Imo=]

O yea, and the dt770's bass goes relatively deep while remaining powerful. It is truly enjoyable to hear, especially for my type of electronic music=]

Jan 28, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #14 of 56
I can't imagine anything being more bassy than the PS-1. I honestly prefer my KSC75 to the PS-1 (though, of course, I'd much rather have a PS-1 so I could sell it and get a sweet headphone amp and start saving up for a CDP
biggrin.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back