Sky Audio Cables
Jun 7, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #47 of 197
SkyAudioCables gets a massive recommendation from me. I was in a bad situation after a big letdown from another seller and had to get a cable quickly, and Reece really made magic happen. For a little extra for expedited shipping, I got the cable within a couple days of our first contact, even though his intl orders were still officially closed due to shipping issues caused by covid19 (it was from UK to Finland). It was so quick that I expected quality to be weak, but instead the cable is just flawless. Excellent workmanship.

The thing that really sets him apart, however, is the customer service. Just outstanding. No request is too much, and he really seems to care about getting the customer exactly what they want. On top of that his prices are very reasonable, even cheap. From now on all of my cables will probably come from him.

The only thing I can think could be improved on the cable are the mini-xlr connectors. Now let's be very clear - there is NOTHING wrong with them - they are sturdy, gold plated connectors. I just personally prefer the look of Rean or Eidolic ones. It's also my mistake for not asking for them - I'm currently ordering a short, single-ended cable and Reece was happy to get Rean connectors for it when I asked. He also told me, that you can request other connectors as well, so whatever you prefer should be doable for a price, which is great. I also asked for an even more of a custom cable design, and again the answer was "yes"!

My camera doesn't do justice for the cable at all btw. It's the best looking cable I've ever seen. Considering that the price (incl. ~25€ for expedited shipping) was around 125€, I think it's a bargain for a 4 meter cable of this quality. Looks great with the Aeolus.

I believe his international orders are opening again, so go get some cables! The colours of mine are chocolate brown, anthracite and black btw.

20200605_134719.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #48 of 197
Consider yourself lucky. I hate the Rean mini XLRs with the rectangular buttons with a passion. They jam in my LCD-3...

Jun 7, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #49 of 197
Oh, interesting. I've never had a single problem with any of the decent-quality ones and up.

Do you have any specific ones you prefer over Rean?

Edit: Just finished the order for the single-ended short cable. I just can't recommend this service enough. I can't believe I didn't know about this seller before. I got a bunch of recommendations from people I trusted, and boy am I glad I sent that msg. Gonna be easy to decide where to get cables when I buy new headphones from now on.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #50 of 197
SkyAudioCables gets a massive recommendation from me. I was in a bad situation after a big letdown from impact audio cables and had to get a cable quickly, and Reece really made magic happen. For a little extra for expedited shipping, I got the cable within a couple days of our first contact, even though his intl orders were still officially closed due to shipping issues caused by covid19 (it was from UK to Finland). It was so quick that I expected quality to be weak, but instead the cable is just flawless. Excellent workmanship.

The thing that really sets him apart, however, is the customer service. Just outstanding. No request is too much, and he really seems to care about getting the customer exactly what they want. On top of that his prices are very reasonable, even cheap. From now on all of my cables will come from him.

The only thing I can think could be improved on the cable are the mini-xlr connectors. Now let's be very clear - there is NOTHING wrong with them - they are sturdy, gold plated connectors. I just personally prefer the look of Rean or Eidolic ones. It's also my mistake for not asking for them - I'm currently ordering a short, single-ended cable and Reece was happy to get Rean connectors for it when I asked. He also told me, that you can request other connectors as well, so whatever you prefer should be doable for a price, which is great. I also asked for an even more of a custom cable design, and again the answer was "yes"!

My camera doesn't do justice for the cable at all btw. It's the best looking cable I've ever seen. Considering that the price (incl. ~25€ for expedited shipping) was around 125€, I think it's a bargain for a 4 meter cable of this quality. Looks great with the Aeolus.

I believe his international orders are opening again, so go get some cables! The colours of mine are chocolate brown, anthracite and black btw.

20200605_134719.jpg
I'm really loving that color combo!
I agree that Reece has some of the best customer service ever.
Did you get the Copper Litz or Silver Plated OCC Acrolink option?

Jun 7, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #51 of 197
I'm really loving that color combo!
I agree that Reece has some of the best customer service ever.
Did you get the Copper Litz or Silver Plated OCC Acrolink option?

Actually, I'm not even sure! I'm not really a believer in cables this short doing anything much to the sound as long as you use half-decent materials. Somehow I think I saw acrolink there, but I could be wrong. The second cable will be made of "Hakugei 7nocc".

Had to try and get a photo more representative of what it really looks like. Pretty as can be.

20200608_005505.jpg

Jun 8, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #52 of 197
Oh, interesting. I've never had a single problem with any of the decent-quality ones and up.

Do you have any specific ones you prefer over Rean?

Edit: Just finished the order for the single-ended short cable. I just can't recommend this service enough. I can't believe I didn't know about this seller before. I got a bunch of recommendations from people I trusted, and boy am I glad I sent that msg. Gonna be easy to decide where to get cables when I buy new headphones from now on.

I don't know. The old Reans with the round button worked well enough for me. The next time I buy a mini XLR cable I'll have to go searching for an alternative.

Jun 10, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #53 of 197
For your information, skyAudioCable has opened international delivery since last Sunday, so don't hesitate :)

I've a question about the cable type (I've no expertise on cables): what's the difference between the acrolink 6N OCC Silver Plated and Litz copper ?

Jun 10, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #54 of 197
For your information, skyAudioCable has opened international delivery since last Sunday, so don't hesitate :)

I've a question about the cable type (I've no expertise on cables): what's the difference between the acrolink 6N OCC Silver Plated and Litz copper ?

Ask the owner, Reece. He is honest, responsive, enthusiastic. The 100% rating is not just about his cables. There is a seriously good guy running the business.

Jun 11, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #58 of 197
Yo guys, I have news about my difference's question:

"
From my own personal testing I've never found an audible difference between different cable materials as long as they are of good quality, the only times I was able to notice a difference was switching from stock cables which normally use poor quality materials. Other people have claimed they can hear a noticeable difference between the wires and it is normally said that copper will improve low frequencies and pure silver will improve clarity and overall brightness, with silver plated being a middle ground between the two. Again I couldn't pick out any of these differences during my own tests, perhaps my hearing just isn't good enough. If the material does make a difference it's likely going to be extremely subtle.

In terms of actual numbers it's been a while since i've tested the resistance / capacitance and I've made a few changes to the cables since then, sadly I don't have any matching cables on hand currently to do the test. If you like I can try to get back to you over the weekend with some results.
"

I'll be back to you when I have more information :beerchug:

nb: I'm going to order a Litz Copper cable

Jun 11, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #60 of 197
I use a Hifiman Sundara and on some forum, many people prefer the litz copper cable. Then, I think it's more a subjective choice (a bit like Reece says) because the difference must be difficult. And then, I'm not going to go for two cables when I need only one to replace my stock cable :smile:

I think about getting a silver plated cable to see if I can feel a difference, maybe on Tn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back