Sky Audio Cables
Dec 22, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #31 of 197
I did not buy both, just the copper. Something to note, after having had a few of these for several weeks. From a performance perspective, they work just fine. The actual construction is just average, the braids are not consistent between the left and right leads (the twists are uneven), the braids overall could've been a little tighter, and some of the smaller pieces (like the heat shrink around the connectors) were not secured in place very well. I had to add a small touch of glue to hold them in place.

But as far as price/value/performance is concerned, these are just what I needed.

Dec 23, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #32 of 197
I did not buy both, just the copper. Something to note, after having had a few of these for several weeks. From a performance perspective, they work just fine. The actual construction is just average, the braids are not consistent between the left and right leads (the twists are uneven), the braids overall could've been a little tighter, and some of the smaller pieces (like the heat shrink around the connectors) were not secured in place very well. I had to add a small touch of glue to hold them in place.

But as far as price/value/performance is concerned, these are just what I needed.
The price is pretty keen when you factor in base materials, components and time putting them together as a one man business. Thanks for the information.

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #33 of 197
The price is pretty keen when you factor in base materials, components and time putting them together as a one man business. Thanks for the information.
Yes, I would agree with this. It's not the highest quality of cable and construction but very good for what you pay, and the cosmetics don't affect the audio performance. I also had a loose heatshrink piece on one side so I will be using a bigger piece of heatshrink to cover this and make the joint more secure. I made Reece aware of this and he said that going forward he's changing the way he applies this part of the heatshrink tto the cables. Happy Holidays everyone!

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #34 of 197
Great, thanks for letting him know. I'm sure he appreciates not only the business we've given him, but also the feedback he can use to improve his product. IMO, you really can't beat his items from a cost/value perspective.

Feb 3, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #35 of 197
I just received a couple of cables from Sky Audio Cables. One for the Elex and one for the HD 58X/600. These are masterfully made and I am very impressed. The Elex cable especially is a million times better than the heavy and thick stock Focal cable. Here's some pictures of them. The nice red Burgundy color doesn't look nearly as good in these pictures as it does in real life.

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

Also, unfortunately it looks like the eBay shop only has one cable listing up. I don't know if this is a temporary restocking of materials or what, but just wanted to make everyone aware. https://www.ebay.com/usr/skyaudiocables

May 29, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #36 of 197
Based on this thread, I purchased a set of silver coated cable with balanced connection for my Audeze LCD-2C. Can’t wait till it gets here. If I like it, I’ll see if he can make a set of the same for my Focal Elear.

May 31, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #37 of 197
I am also a satisfied customer of skycables. Reece is really helpful and the cables are a bargain. As many said they don't necessarily look bulletproof but the workmanship is excellent, the service is tops, and the cables are really good values. No regrets and would buy from him again without hesitation.

I regret the money I wasted on one pair of cables bought elsewhere. I don't think the workmanship was any better, just the cables were thicker. Not worth the huge difference in price and wait of many months.

May 31, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #39 of 197
I used the ebay shop. You could email Reece via the bay. I'm not sure he makes every cable in the universe though.

May 31, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #41 of 197
May 31, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #43 of 197
Go to items for sale and make sure ebay has the shipping country set to your country. I had the same issue here but when I changed it to Czech Republic I saw a lot of cables again.

May 31, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #45 of 197
If you can get to the ebay shop and there is nothing there (for me I saw only a PC fan until I fixed the ship-to country) then at least Contact Seller should be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back