Skullcandy...
Oct 19, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #16 of 32
Koss has lifetime warranty.  How about trying the ksc75 or portapros?  Maybe it's not your fault that you're breaking your headphones, and it's skullcandy's fault.  Imo, lifetime warranty should not be the reason to buy junk that is expensive.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #17 of 32
how about you get real headphones?

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #18 of 32
Yup, I can tell you for a fact that the mark-up on SC products is pretty large.

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #19 of 32
I have ALOT of experience w/ Skullcandy. Instead of simply telling you to buy "better" headphones, here's a real answer to your question: I suggest the skullcrushers. IMO they're the most use full Skullcandy product (very good noise isolation), the bass boost is a neat feature, and the resell factor is pretty decent (especially if you demo the "bass boost" feature, it gets them every time :p). I don't need to tell you how the sound quality is, I'm sure you know what to expect by know. But the 'crushers have alot more pros than other Skullcandy cans. Anyways, hope that helps.

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #20 of 32
Buy the ones which sell for most and then sell them on ebay and then get a pair of AD700s or M-50s
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #21 of 32
look into HD25-1 they can be had for 160 as stock B from sonic sense (Authorzied Sennheiser dealer) as well as for 150 from Audtio topica (also authorized dealer), HD25-1 are considered to be very robust headphones. They are simple in design and are very well made, and will outlast and SC headphones. (I tried some heshes and skull crushers and both felt like they gonna break when put on, HD25-1  feel like I can kill some one with them and then put them on and walk away...every one jokes about useing the cable for strangleing ppl...)

Oct 20, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #22 of 32
Thanks llama. I got the skullcrushers plus some riots cause i had extra credit and i need some earbuds for biking. I dont need reccomendations for now, thanks. ill come back here when my headphones eventually break.

Oct 20, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #23 of 32

Quote:
What are some of them? And what are the best headphones from them? I think I'll buy some Skullcrushers because they're like 30 bucks off, use em till I break em, and then send them back and see if they forget about the sale and give me full 100 dollar credit back. Then get some new headphones and sell them, then get some real headphones. Skullcandies headphones may be crap but they do have some quality customer service. They just randomly gave me like 10 bucks store credit for no reason.

I had Skullcrusher for about 8 monthd before I broke them. They're just okay for the money..you can get a lot better headphones with better overall sound quality. The bass control is nice but it drowns out the mids and highs. Save your money and do some research. Sennheiser, Grado, Audio-Technica, and Shure are known for producing cans with extremely clear and strong sound quality.

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #24 of 32
get the expensive skullcandies
sell them
get Koss ksc75's
enjoy the better sound
spend the 70 dollars you'll now have in your wallet on music
use Koss's excellent lifetime guarantee if you need to

or

buy ATH-M50
stop stepping on your headphones/sitting on your headphones/farting on your headphones

Oct 20, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #25 of 32

Quote:
IMHO you should buy the most demanded headphone, and the one that will sell for the most. Order it, do not open it but just sell it. Use the money you have made to get a much better sounding headphone
smily_headphones1.gif

+1

Oct 20, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #26 of 32

Quote:
get the expensive skullcandies
sell them
get Koss ksc75's
enjoy the better sound
spend the 70 dollars you'll now have in your wallet on music
use Koss's excellent lifetime guarantee if you need to

or

buy ATH-M50
stop stepping on your headphones/sitting on your headphones/farting on your headphones

Honestly who pays for music these days? High opportunity costs if you know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back