Skullcandy: Skullcrushers Vs. Lowrider?
Dec 31, 2008 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 84

Amar1990

New Head-Fier
Firstly..I'm aware that Skullcandy products are in no way ranked even near high-end..I own a pair of Etymotic ER6i's for that sort of stuff (I'm a poor student..thats as high as i'm going for now lol)

Now i've pretty much owned every type of headphones..from normal earbuds, to inner-ear buds to in ear monitors to clip on types..but i've never owned a pair of fullsize over ear cans (open or closed).

I'm looking at Skullcandy products: Skullcrushers Or the Lowrider's..they're gonna be like my mess about headphones..hence the stupid ammount of bass that is said to be present in both. My question is, which should I go for? I plan to occasionally share my music by literally leaving them hanging around my neck occasionally (where it isn't considered anti-social ofcourse
tongue_smile.gif
)..so which would be louder? They both look pretty cool..

Thanks in advance
normal_smile .gif

P.s. my apologies for mentioning skullcandy on Head-Fi
deadhorse.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #2 of 84
I'mma keep my eye on this thread, might become quite amusing.

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 84
SK's are basically eye-candy, it won't really matter which ones you get SQ wise, just buy the one that looks best.

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #4 of 84
Lol the worst thing is..I know i'm asking a stupid question..but I literally want a pair of headphones that I don't love so much I have to baby them lol..I don't even let people near my er6i's..though they're scared to because they cost me £64..clearly they've never been on Head-Fi lol..thats like penny sweets..

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 84
Why don't you get something like Senn 201 or 202?

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 84
Ahh do you reckon they'll be pretty much the same? Is it worth shelling out an extra 20-30 for Grado Sr60's..I don't wanna have to be extra careful..I wanna throw 'em about n stuff lol
x

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #8 of 84
Something else -> Grado SR60

Can be had for the same price ($69) as the Skullcrushers, but certainly higher regarded. Would probably play just as loud as well, since you have your priorities there. Over sound quality...

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #9 of 84
..but Grados are Ugly!

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #10 of 84
Next up, a brick vs a cobble stone.

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #12 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amar1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Senn's look decent..do you reckon they'd double as mini-speaker..
x

I've seen quite a few people turn there headphones up to max volume and use them as speakers. I can't see it being good for them...

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #14 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..but Grados are Ugly!

He said he didn't wanna like 'em... :p They'd also do okay without an amp, being a pair of Grados.

Dec 31, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #15 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..but Grados are Ugly!

...compared to those Skullcandies? Guess we have different taste then.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back