Skullcandy Skullcrushers---REAL Subwoofers???
Oct 13, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #17 of 36
Ok...I have been watching this forum for a while. And you guys like to bash skullcandy a lot. Granted...their quality is not there...but case and point...I have had a pair of Skullcandy Smokn' Buds for 4 years. I have never had a single problem with them. At first the bass sucked...but then again...I was using a cheap mp3 player. But one I got a quality mp3 player... these buds feel like subwoofers. Maybe I got a fluke set that actually works well....but I have not had a single problem with them.

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #18 of 36

Quote:
Ok...I have been watching this forum for a while. And you guys like to bash skullcandy a lot. Granted...their quality is not there...but case and point...I have had a pair of Skullcandy Smokn' Buds for 4 years. I have never had a single problem with them. At first the bass sucked...but then again...I was using a cheap mp3 player. But one I got a quality mp3 player... these buds feel like subwoofers. Maybe I got a fluke set that actually works well....but I have not had a single problem with them.

The Smokn' Buds and the FMJ are pretty sturdy to me.

But on Head-Fi, sound usually trumps durability, and Skullcandy doesn't seem to make good sound (with the exception of the Aviators).

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #19 of 36
The Skullcrushers use a Turbine Engine, the thing that makes Game Controllers vibrate in the headphone cups.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #22 of 36
I had a pair of Von Zipper snowboard goggles integrated with the Skullcrushers. Sound quality is not mind blowing but the cans do vibrate and make it seem like they are subs. They aren't bad if you are a casual listener but if you want audiophile sound, look elsewhere.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #23 of 36
Quote:
I've heard rumors that they just vibrate the cans and don't actually produce bass. Not sure how much truth there is to that, because never in my life have I considered researching Skullcrushers.

You might want to check out the Sony XB500 or XB700. They don't have subwoofers, but they produce sub-bass like them.

Yea this was my comment exactly, if you Mod the Xb 700 trust me It's got more Sub Bass than you can imagine. Although I'm not sure on the price range the Skull Candys r in, but there is a new XB line out as well as teh XB 1000 which combines a little of both the Xb 500 [mid bass heavy] & Xb 700 [Sub heavy] to produce what is being called a very well controlled and DEEP bass can! That ofc has the Sony XB series Sound signiture [Dark with possibly harsh highs] If you can mod the xb 1000 like u can the 700, then u can resolve the harh highs easy

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #24 of 36
I had a discussion with a classmate one day saying those REALLY had subwoofers in them.
I told him that that would be highly unliky seeing as you would need
1)Alot more power.
2)The need for a crossover design.
3)And an extra super large driver,and there just isnt enought space for it.
He still thinks they actually got subs in them
rolleyes.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #25 of 36
Quote:
I had a discussion with a classmate one day saying those REALLY had subwoofers in them.
I told him that that would be highly unliky seeing as you would need
1)Alot more power.
2)The need for a crossover design.
3)And an extra super large driver,and there just isnt enought space for it.
He still thinks they actually got subs in them
rolleyes.gif

Show him some XB 1000's and I'm sure he will argree [70mm drivers] you might say the XB series Sound Signitures isn't great but dude 70mm drivers :D nuff said lol

Still though... I need a better sub woofer, mine's not able to handle Sub bass all to well >.>

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #26 of 36
You guys are a good board, I hated those things, no bass pure vibrations. I was 13 when I bought them, terrible decision, wish I heard about you guys, wasted 65 of my Birthday

Worst thing is there's Youtube vids praising these vidbrators.

Skullcandy should make dildos if that's what kids want, I'm serious

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #27 of 36
Quote:
You guys are a good board, I hated those things, no bass pure vibrations. I was 13 when I bought them, terrible decision, wish I heard about you guys, wasted 65 of my Birthday
Worst thing is there's Youtube vids praising these vidbrators.
Skullcandy should make dildos if that's what kids want, I'm serious

my sides will escape the end of the world, as they are in orbit.

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #28 of 36
I know rhat this is an old topic and in no way am I suggesting that the skullcrushers are high end .
However my son gave me a pair and in some circumstances they work quite well such as when I want to here a little more dynamic sound from a movie soundtrack and can not turn on mu 11.2 home theater system

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #29 of 36
I can play these in bed watching a movie and not interrupt my sleeping wife

May 4, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #30 of 36
They are trash! I have them, there is NO bass at all! The litterally just viberate! And as far as I remember, you're supposed to HEAR bass not feel it. Or at least I would rather hear bass than have some viberaters straped to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back