Skullcandy Rocnation Aviators - a brief review
Feb 8, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #31 of 35
I think you are all forgetting something that really redeems these headphones.
skullcandy has an amazing return policy, if it's broken and it's your fault you get 50% off your next purchase
if it's broken and not your fault, full refund, no questions, no time limit.

I just RMA'd my old skullcandy double agents, which i purchased online a year and a half ago.
I got more back then I originally paid for them.

skullcandy is for fashion, but they are also a very very nice company.

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #32 of 35
I was anxious to read this thread after reading the blog post about these on the front page. I wasn't planning on buying these considering I have two good pairs of headphones, but wanted to see someone's opinion. After looking at your history list of headphones I was very disappointed. Sorry, but I just can't trust someone's opinion on headphones who obviously hasn't bothered to branch out past the retail store headphone lines.

Why am I posting this? In-case others missed the fact that you don't have a diverse listening experience at all, causing them to possibly buy "bad" headphones.

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #33 of 35
I think the biggest problem on Head-Fi is that a lot of people buy a headphone after reading a positive review here. Thing is, sound quality is so subjective it's hard to form any kind of opinion without a good reference. Anyone can write a positive review. That's why a lot of people here are disappointed when they listen to their latest purchase. It's up to the readers to read between between the lines and understand that, for example, someone who has only heard Skullcandy and Bose headphones has a very different view on the price/performance of a headphone. Go take a look over at Fischer Audio and see what $150 will get you there. :) 

May 30, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:
I think the biggest problem on Head-Fi is that a lot of people buy a headphone after reading a positive review here. Thing is, sound quality is so subjective it's hard to form any kind of opinion without a good reference. Anyone can write a positive review. That's why a lot of people here are disappointed when they listen to their latest purchase. It's up to the readers to read between between the lines and understand that, for example, someone who has only heard Skullcandy and Bose headphones has a very different view on the price/performance of a headphone. Go take a look over at Fischer Audio and see what $150 will get you there. :) 

$150 got me new K271MKII's, so... 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back