Skullcandy is funny.
Jul 12, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #76 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll bet the tone one is just the amount of bass and the other is volume.

eek.gif
An adjustable bass! That's a rival to the Sennheiser IE8's then!
smile.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #77 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh God, that's the worst...

I'll admit to doing that with some people only because I don't like to carry around 2 sets of buds/iems.

If you're sharing music with someone it's not like you're really going to focus on the music with full force because what if the person talks to you while you're really in to it?

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #78 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll admit to doing that with some people only because I don't like to carry around 2 sets of buds/iems.

If you're sharing music with someone it's not like you're really going to focus on the music with full force because what if the person talks to you while you're really in to it?

At the same time, you could be giving the other person a negative first impression of whatever band/artist you're showing them since they're missing out on up to half of the content of the song.

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #80 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I love skullcandy headphones. They help me feel so superior to the common plebian who buys these things. I was walking around in public with my Grados tonight and I thought "these people staring at me all think I'm a loser, but they are the REAL losers." That is why I love ridiculing Bose and SC ... elitism helps cover the deep feelings of loneliness and social isolation.

Classic.

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #81 of 105
Having read most of this thread, I can assume two things...

1) No one here has heard them live

2) We all know that Skullcandy makes under average headphones

It's easy to bash a crappy headphone manufacturer. If this was a BMW forum, I bet we'd all bash some new Ford car. Let people decide for themselves, and if they think they are the greatest cans they have ever owned, at least they are appreciating headphones as a medium. Not everyone here started their obsession with a pair of 650's, so let Skullcandy cater to the kids, while WE will all know that real audio doesn't come from a pair of trendy looking cans.

Jan 11, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #82 of 105
unfortunately, head-fiers are part of the ~10% of DAP owners that can notice the difference (or bother to notice) between skullcrushers and any other headphone that doesn't butcher your music. all they see is the pwetty colours and cool designs. that's why this garbage will outsell similarly priced sennheisers/AKGs/Denons within its first month.

Jan 11, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #83 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingInABlueDream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having read most of this thread, I can assume two things...

1) No one here has heard them live

2) We all know that Skullcandy makes under average headphones

It's easy to bash a crappy headphone manufacturer. If this was a BMW forum, I bet we'd all bash some new Ford car. Let people decide for themselves, and if they think they are the greatest cans they have ever owned, at least they are appreciating headphones as a medium. Not everyone here started their obsession with a pair of 650's, so let Skullcandy cater to the kids, while WE will all know that real audio doesn't come from a pair of trendy looking cans.

Your assumption would most likely be correct... as it seems these still haven't been released.

Jan 11, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #84 of 105
I have a feeling nobody is going to buy these. Kids aren't going to want to be seen in them and won't pay that much for phones. The head-fi crew will avoid them like the plague. Who does that leave? Dads that want to connect with their kids? I think this is a major fail on Skull Candy's part.

Jan 11, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #85 of 105
Exactly, I'm starting to feel that these headphones will go nowhere, but who cares they can manufacture 500 more funky colored headphones for all I care.

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #87 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG made dual driver headphones fairly recently, like the K270.

I wonder if ourfpshero walks around with his massive headphones.

o2smile.gif
lol i just saw this!

these are an exact copy of stanton dynaphase 60 or pickering 4905 2 way headphones from the 70s. as vintage cans they are awesome. as modern cans its 'what are they thinking?'

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/sta...phones-157389/

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #88 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a feeling nobody is going to buy these. Kids aren't going to want to be seen in them and won't pay that much for phones. The head-fi crew will avoid them like the plague. Who does that leave? Dads that want to connect with their kids?

Hahaha
biggrin.gif
Or maybe old people who try (and fails) to be cool and trendy
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #89 of 105
I'm wondering what kind of tone control they have on the headphones. Some type of active device possibly with a built-in amp, or L-pad type of things?
And I'm also curious how they put those huge 90mm driver and 40mm driver in the cup. 90mm is about 3.5 inches. You could even use this driver for mid-range driver in 3 way speakers! And 40mm driver for high frequencies? Even for 2 way speakers, this is a little too big, especially you have 90mm driver for low frequencies. There would be too much overlap between drivers.
Any thoughts?

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #90 of 105
paper cones. my stanton mentioned above has speakers this size. the tone control is actually a volume control for the tweeters. very common in the 70s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back