Skullcandy Aviators.
Dec 3, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #16 of 23
Whiny elitists?  Well this is one whiny elitist that won't be helping you at all.  Good luck with that attitude.  I hope you get a pair of awful headphones because you didn't want to listen to whiny elitists.

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
Ok.

First: I can get them for ~60$. Remember that.

Second: They actually look nice, not flash and gaudy like other Skullcandies.

Third: Lifetime warranty. Lifetime warranty. Lifetime warranty. I don't care about the build quality.

So, how do they compare to other ~60$ headphones? I'm not just talking about sound quality, unlike you whiny elitists I can't tell the difference between highs and lows and overpowering base and whatnot. As long as they don't buzz like a bee or sound like they're underwater, I'm fine.

So. Either whine at me because they're Skullcandy and you're too cool of an "audiophile" for that, or give me an honest opinion. Thanks.

Yes. There's hate on certain brands like Beats, Skullcandy, Bose, blah blah. But a reasonable response is usually that they're overpriced for what they do, not that they suck period end of discussion. You'll find several threads trying to redeem the sound quality of those brands and a lot people who agree. If you can get them for $60, good for you. Honestly, for $60 bucks I'd be hard pressed to recommend a headphone that's better. They look nice. Yes, they do. I personally think the brown ones look more classy than the awful shade of grey of Beyers. Life warranty, sure why not. I don't know the build quality of Skullcandys, I just wouldn't want to be shipping forwards and back if they break alot.

Your last point, sound quality, if you don't care about sound quality, again, good for you. A lot of us break our wallets and are still not satisfied in the Hi-Fi world, you're immune so you're good there. But here's a good question... why did you post? This forum is mostly dedicated to the pursuit of Hi-Fi... it seems kind of weird that'd you just jump and rant about the great price you'd get for your Skullcandy.

Just my two cents.

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:
unlike you whiny elitists I can't tell the difference between highs and lows and overpowering base and whatnot. As long as they don't buzz like a bee or sound like they're underwater, I'm fine.  
So. Either whine at me because they're Skullcandy and you're too cool of an "audiophile" for that, or give me an honest opinion. Thanks.

lol, good luck filling the stereotype of the average Skullcandy consumer, you're on your way already! Also, seriously build quality matters even if there is a lifetime warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back