Skullcandy Aviators actaully good?
Jan 29, 2011 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

smittyryan

Head-Fier
I know im supposed to steere away from skullcandy and beats by dre being that they are way over hyped and there are a ton of better products out there for less. but...sparked by the review on the homepage of headfi i was wondering if the skullcandy aviators are indeed a good buy. they look very good and i listen to almost nothing but hiphop/rap and i was wondering if they would be a good buy for 150...or if there was a better bass heavy headphone out there for around the same price?

Jan 29, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 22
You can find the m50 some times for 100 bucks and it's pretty bassy. Or you can go with the d1100 which has great bass, I love listening to hip-hop with mine. Also a lot of people seem to love the sony xb500/700 which are known for their bass. Basically, you have a lot of options when it comes to steering clear from skullcandy and dres.

Jan 29, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #4 of 22
Actually, as Jude has said, the Aviators actually sound really good for the price. They also look very good. There's a lot of skullcandy hate on here because of it's perception as a low quality headphone brand (Which up until recently, I'd say it deserved). The aviators are supposedly quite good. That lifetime warranty that skullcandy has is also pretty tempting. I would try them out and buy from a place with a good return policy in case they end up not being as good as Jude said lol.

Jan 29, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #5 of 22
Do not count on the lifetime warranty. When I was a noob with headphones I went to send out my Hesh's for another pair, sent out and never got back another pair. Personally I will never go with another Skullcandy product, especially the MSRP of it. Skullcandy products tend to have there MSRP prices slashed in half, expect these same headphones to only be $75 next year.

As for a reccomendation goes I would highly suggest the M50's for Rap/Hip Hop.

Quote:
Actually, as Jude has said, the Aviators actually sound really good for the price. They also look very good. There's a lot of skullcandy hate on here because of it's perception as a low quality headphone brand (Which up until recently, I'd say it deserved). The aviators are supposedly quite good. That lifetime warranty that skullcandy has is also pretty tempting. I would try them out and buy from a place with a good return policy in case they end up not being as good as Jude said lol.

Jan 29, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 22
Another one to think about: the DT770. Those are pretty bassy and near your budget when there's deal for them.

Jan 29, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #9 of 22
I would steer clear of the Aviators if you're a basshead. Apparently they don't have much bass and are better for rock instead of hip hop. I think you'll be happy with the m50's.

Jan 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #10 of 22
Buy the m50s here for $110!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250764292978&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I've been pricing them around for a couple weeks and this ebay store which is a audio technica dealer has them, I bought them from here a few days ago

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #12 of 22
IF your a basshead, XB500/700 are perfect. Nothing else delivers lower bass and punchier bass at this price range.

Jan 30, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #13 of 22
^ I didn't think of that one. The XB700 would be a great choice, I tried it and very much liked it for hip hop.

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #14 of 22
for the aviators, they sounded enjoyable to me it has a good amount of bass and its not as muffled as v-moda crossfades, although V-moda are so comfortable with a nice look, especially in person.

the built of the Aviator is a lil fragile or its just light compare to others with in their ranges but it has the lifetime warranty anyways ^^ but the good thing about it is that its more straight forward with good amout of bass

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #15 of 22
The Aviators aren't bad at all, but they're not very comfortable.  I've got small ears and I can't imagine wearing them for an extended period.  The cups rested right on the tops of my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back