Skullcandy Aviator appreciation
Jul 8, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #78 of 86
Hi,

just a short question: are the lenses transparent on the limited edition ALL BLACK Modell. I am speaking of the model that is all black not the usual black one with chrome. Please help, it is so hart to see on the few picture available.

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #79 of 86
I actually think these cans sound pretty damn good. 

They have more clarity than the Sennheiser Momentum, and the Momentums are really clear. But the Momentum has better instrument separation and detail.

Do you guys know any other can with a similar signature like the Aviator, only larger soundstage, better instrument separation and more detail?

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #80 of 86
Yes sir

They are among the most cheerfull-sounding headphone in my inventory. 

They just sound happy and balanced. This is coming from someone with an ATH-m50, GRADO sr 325is, and now a SENN HD 600

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #81 of 86
I know it's been nearly a year and a half since anyone's had anything to say about the Aviator, but to me it's a shame these cans never got any real love.  I've owned these for...  I think 5 years now, and while they don't get much ear time due to the HD700 being near perfect for my tastes, I still love the Aviators.  I'm currently giving them a listen with the xDuoo x2, which sounds lovely listening to How To Destroy Angels FLAC.  The bass is just about where I'd want it to be, with enough presence to be enjoyable and certainly noticeable, but not enough to damage the experience.  For me, they're still going strong at 100% functional, no issues with the cable or the remote/mic, nor scratches I'm aware of.

I know it's one of those headphones that people will write off due to Skullcandy, but all in all, I can't think of a headphone or IEM they've done a better job with that I'm aware of.  The Mix Master was interesting, being quite feature rich for a headphone, but these to me excelled in sound quality.  For me, these were a gift, so no money was spent, but I believe they were going for $150 at time of purchase.  I'd say Grado SR80i at $100 was a better value, but I'm not entirely convinced it's a better headphone.

Now, I think it's time to give Moby's Hotel - Ambient a try with these...

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #82 of 86
These are my favorite on-ears for under $100. They are uncharacteristic for the Skull Candy sound - which I am not a fan of. They also allow ambient noise to be heard. But this isn't why I'm posting. I'm always getting compliments about these cans but was horrified to find a $10 knock off from the once great Nakamichi. They were $10 and the driver used in these are the same used in other $10 cans made by Iworld, Bytech, Polaroid, and even some counterfeit Beats. I wonder if Skull Candy gave the molds to Nakamichi or if Nakamichi just blatently ripped them off. Anyone who has tried my cans could easily be fooled by these.

May 9, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #83 of 86
i didn't expect myself to revive old thread, but im very interested to get the aviator as my gaming headset (connected with v moda mic boom pro 3.5inch cable)

has anyone tried these for gaming?!

im looking for good bass and decent sound stage...and most importantly great comfort

i know this is an old thread..but hopefully someone can help.

May 9, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #84 of 86
i didn't expect myself to revive old thread, but im very interested to get the aviator as my gaming headset (connected with v moda mic boom pro 3.5inch cable)

has anyone tried these for gaming?!

im looking for good bass and decent sound stage...and most importantly great comfort

i know this is an old thread..but hopefully someone can help.
I can recommend the Philips Fidelio L2 for gaming, the X2 is apparently better for gaming, but Ive only used the L2, and they did a great job. Good, tight bass, great clarity with good soundstage.

Right now I have the Audio Technica AD1000x which will be better than the L2 for gaming, but im not sure if you'd like the fit of those headphones..

May 10, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #85 of 86
I can recommend the Philips Fidelio L2 for gaming, the X2 is apparently better for gaming, but Ive only used the L2, and they did a great job. Good, tight bass, great clarity with good soundstage.

Right now I have the Audio Technica AD1000x which will be better than the L2 for gaming, but im not sure if you'd like the fit of those headphones..

im sure all of these headphones are great for gaming, im in fact using Philips SHP9500 for gaming which is great minus the bass tho, however im looking for something budget and aviator can be found for 55$ only and that's why im considering them.

May 10, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #86 of 86
im sure all of these headphones are great for gaming, im in fact using Philips SHP9500 for gaming which is great minus the bass tho, however im looking for something budget and aviator can be found for 55$ only and that's why im considering them.
At that price there is the creative aurvana live, which sounds similar to the Aviator, only less fatiguing and imaging and soundstage is great for gaming. Bass is okay, it has good presence and is relatively tight, but not special.
The mids and highs are stunning for the price though.

The open Superlux HD 661B also gets recommended at that price range, but I havent heard it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back