SIVGA SV021 — Impressions & Discussion Thread
Aug 5, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #31 of 278
I just received the new SV021 as well as Sendy Aiva. I reviewed P-II a couple of months back and a lot of people have been asking me for comparisons between Aiva and P-II since then. Should be interesting since I have an extra pair of Aiva pads to put on P-II and A/B test both the headphones back to back with the same pads on. 😉
Curious to hear your comparison. Up here in Canada, the Aiva is $100.00 more.

Aug 5, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #32 of 278
Curious to hear your comparison. Up here in Canada, the Aiva is $100.00 more.

I'll post some quick P-II vs Aiva comparison impressions in the Aiva/P-II thread as soon as I get some time in between reviews and do a proper A/B test. I'll tag you when I do. :)

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #33 of 278
I'll post some quick P-II vs Aiva comparison impressions in the Aiva/P-II thread as soon as I get some time in between reviews and do a proper A/B test. I'll tag you when I do. :)
I didn't know there was a Aiva/P-II thread?

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #35 of 278
Aiva Thread - Link
P-II Thread - Link
My mistake. I thought you were referring to an Aiva/P-II comparison thread.

Don't mind me, I'll just wander off that way... :ksc75smile:

Aug 10, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #36 of 278
Just got it. The wood on the cups, dont really feel like wood and has quite the glossy surface…not sure what material, but seems to be “stabilized resin” (will do more research about it).

The pads feels like a big marshmallow lol.

Aug 10, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #38 of 278
Sivga SV021 Impressions:

Bass: Elevated bass, pretty even between sub and mid-bass. It is on the cleaner side (due to the treble balancing it out) and isn’t for bassheads as the sub-bass doesn’t rumble that much.

Mids: Recessed vocals, tonality wise they aren’t that natural either. As male vocals lack warmth, while female vocals have decent tonality, the timbre is not particularly good.

Treble: This is the weakest aspect, it is a quite bright, there are 2 peaks that can be quite the big issue depending on the track. 3k and 6k peaks. You do not want to use it for tracks that are poorly mastered or bright to begin with, because it will be “death by treble”. Here are a few tracks that DO work, without it being offensive.

Overall: So far, I am not very impressed by it.

Aug 10, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #39 of 278
Just got it. The wood on the cups, dont really feel like wood and has quite the glossy surface…not sure what material, but seems to be “stabilized resin” (will do more research about it).

The pads feels like a big marshmallow lol.
The wood is Rosewood. The info page lists that.

SV021

Aug 10, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #40 of 278
For both guys, how are the mids? My ATH-WP900's are gorgeous, but are strongly V-shaped and that doesn't work for me.
I would concur with @RikudouGoku on the mids. I stepped away from the pair fulfilling my queue, and they do sound a bit recessed. Male vocals such as Todd of Big Head Todd still sound full enough, but a bit lacking his usual fulfilling sound and a bit pinched or unnatural.

Treble does tend to bother me, especially on “hot songs,” so I may not be the best judge; but Can Morrison’s “Love Should Come With A Warning” sounds too bright. His vocals are so strong anyway, but extended here even more.

Bass is good but not great. Not the rumble I would like, but not offensive either.

For the price, this is turning out to be a good unit for me. As usual, YMMV.

Aug 12, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #41 of 278
Aug 12, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #42 of 278
Sivga SV021: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sivga-sv021.25252/reviews#review-26510

Bright V-shaped, velied, massively recessed vocals and mount everest treble peaks...

I cannot understand how a brand that made the Phoenix can come out with something so...dissapointing....
Have you heard any of their previous closed backs? I think these are definitely a step up from those. The Phoenix is in a different price bracket so it’s unsurprising if they don’t perform to that level.

Aug 12, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #43 of 278
Have you heard any of their previous closed backs? I think these are definitely a step up from those. The Phoenix is in a different price bracket so it’s unsurprising if they don’t perform to that level.
I dont. The Phoenix is the only other headphone from them I heard.

But even decade old headphones like Koss and Denon´s are better tuned than this....

This is the old KZ tuning in an headphone....

Aug 12, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #44 of 278
I dont. The Phoenix is the only other headphone from them I heard.

But even decade old headphones like Koss and Denon´s are better tuned than this....

This is the old KZ tuning in an headphone....
I don’t hear it that way but I’m sure others do, too. i hear some emphasis in the treble but it’s inoffensive and non-fatiguing to me, unlike for instance the ZS5 which were treble daggers. 😅

And I’ve never heard an old Koss that sounded as spacious. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #45 of 278
I don’t hear it that way but I’m sure others do, too. i hear some emphasis in the treble but it’s inoffensive and non-fatiguing to me, unlike for instance the Z5 which were treble daggers. 😅

And I’ve never heard an old Koss that sounded as spacious. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Koss KSC75, KPH30i. All the SV021 got is a wide soundstage thanks to its massively elevated treble peaks, but no depth at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back