SIVGA SV021 — Impressions & Discussion Thread
May 18, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #272 of 278
Hi guys,

Looking for a pair of closed back headphones max 250€. I want neutral/warm sound, non fatiguing.

Robin isn't for me?

I don't think you'll find many people - even fans of the SV021 - who use the word "neutral" when describing this headphone.

I still like my Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7b for closed-back duties. It can sound a bit clinical, but is remarkably amenable to pad-rolling if you want to warm up the sound signature.

May 18, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #273 of 278
I don't think you'll find many people - even fans of the SV021 - who use the word "neutral" when describing this headphone.

I still like my Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7b for closed-back duties. It can sound a bit clinical, but is remarkably amenable to pad-rolling if you want to warm up the sound signature.
The most important thing for me is that the headphones are not fatiguing. If they are not the most neutral I can live with that.

I have had K731 but they are little artificial und harsh for me.

Right now I have NAD VISO HP50 and i like them but pads are falling apart.

So I was thinking Sivga Robin, Meze 99 Classic, Beyer DT 700 Pro x.

Can't think of anything else in that prise range

May 18, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #274 of 278
Personally I don't find them fatiguing, far from that, but they objectively have every attribute to be fatiguing: a bloated boomy bass and two big treble spikes around 6 and 8K.
I don't think they are blind buy material.
That said, I love them :)

I would have a look at Audio Technica ATH-A900Z (US model)/A990Z (European model)
I own the previous model, the A900Xs and they are very non fatiguing and balanced sounding headphones.

Last edited:
May 18, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #275 of 278
May 18, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #276 of 278
A thing to be noted about these Sivgas is that despite their wacky tonal balance and their closed back design there isn't any ringing going on, at least not to my ears. Every other pair of closed back headphones I own (which all have a better tonal balance) suffer from some cup resonance, that in some cases result in a ringing which is rather unpleasant for the ear(s).

Oct 4, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #277 of 278
Been looking to purchase a wireless headphone but since I have my Robin with the smaller pads and I don't use ANC for music I came up with this (2.5 mm to mmcx adapter x 2 + my old westone bluetooth cable v1), almost wireless.
20231002_162109_compress3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back