SIVGA SV021 — Impressions & Discussion Thread
Aug 2, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #16 of 278
That was my thought when I first saw them and their price tag -- they look lovely, but seems quite a huge leap from the Aiva pricing... if I'm spending $1,799 on headphones (which is substantially more than I've ever paid for any headphones so far :sweat_smile: although I briefly flirted with spending $2,500 for the LCD-R before that option disappeared promptly lol) .... yeah, it's not a SIVGA headphone. :)
Yeah at that price in Canada you are at a Focal Clear and just under a HiFiman Arya.

I like the value Sivga offers and will likely pick up a set at some point. Up here they are:
1) Sivga P-II $489.00
2) Sivga Phoenix $319.00
3) Sivga SV021 $199.00
4) Sendy Aiva $599.00

At these prices a lot of people will try them out. Especially, if you can test and buy them locally.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #17 of 278
That was my thought when I first saw them and their price tag -- they look lovely, but seems quite a huge leap from the Aiva pricing... if I'm spending $1,799 on headphones (which is substantially more than I've ever paid for any headphones so far :sweat_smile: although I briefly flirted with spending $2,500 for the LCD-R before that option disappeared promptly lol) .... yeah, it's not a SIVGA headphone. :)
So...? :grin:

Aug 3, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #18 of 278
LOL :) Well, I did get a notification from UPS and then shortly thereafter from my local UPS Store (where I have a mailbox) that it was delivered and ready to pickup this morning right before lunch, but I'm still at work at the office so I'm afraid I won't get my grubby hands on them until later this evening :gs1000smile:

Aug 3, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #19 of 278
19BB6CA1-A286-4469-AA6C-62A60CC4A45F.jpeg

only had a few minutes in the car off an Apple dongle from iPhone - very comfortable! - very pleasant sound, I’ve literally had less than 10 minutes 😂. But immediately like them - soundstage is really good for a closed back, nothing hurting my ears as far as etched or grainy sound I can detect on the few tracks I’ve sampled - will need to compare against some of my better closed backs to find the weaknesses as I’m sure they will come up short against the Elegia.

E62DE193-C415-4214-B73B-A3E15A01A85E.jpeg

Aug 3, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #20 of 278
I have a pair in for review. They are flat out gorgeous. I just returned from vacation, and listened for a couple of hours. Now playing continuously for a couple of days.

The fit is good, not too tight, not too loose. But I do wish for a bit tighter clamp, as the sound became a bit more engaging when I pressed on the cups. Bass is strong, but too early to tell much else. I’d say they have a good richness to them, with good soundstage and details.

For the price, the quality of build is exemplary (well beyond this price actually, HiFiMan among others could learn a thing or two…), as are all Sivga/Sendy. Sound is quite pleasing, so this comes off early as a winner to me.

I noticed my pair does not have the silver lettering on the cups, and I’m actually OK with that. The Rosewood as a result takes center stage across the whole cup.

Cheers.

C7A5585C-84C0-43EF-9117-EA3B0776B6B4.jpeg
3B0EE3E7-02E4-4C9A-B99F-517B22880440.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #21 of 278
19BB6CA1-A286-4469-AA6C-62A60CC4A45F.jpeg
only had a few minutes in the car off an Apple dongle from iPhone - very comfortable! - very pleasant sound, I’ve literally had less than 10 minutes 😂. But immediately like them - soundstage is really good for a closed back, nothing hurting my ears as far as etched or grainy sound I can detect on the few tracks I’ve sampled - will need to compare against some of my better closed backs to find the weaknesses as I’m sure they will come up short against the Elegia.

E62DE193-C415-4214-B73B-A3E15A01A85E.jpeg
Much bigger than I thought! In the pic I thought they looked like on-ear/small over-ear.
How was the clamp? How do the ear pads feel?

Aug 3, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #22 of 278
For both guys, how are the mids? My ATH-WP900's are gorgeous, but are strongly V-shaped and that doesn't work for me.

Aug 3, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #23 of 278
Much bigger than I thought! In the pic I thought they looked like on-ear/small over-ear.
How was the clamp? How do the ear pads feel?

Clamp is perfect for comfort - ear pads are very soft and spacious. For comfort, these cans are superb for my head. Definitely lighter and more comfortable than my Elegia. Yeah, my other bargain SIVGA headphones which are nominally “over ear” are definitely closer to straddling the large on-ear / small over-ear experience, these definitely distinguish themselves from those.

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #24 of 278
Clamp is perfect for comfort - ear pads are very soft and spacious. For comfort, these cans are superb for my head. Definitely lighter and more comfortable than my Elegia. Yeah, my other bargain SIVGA headphones which are nominally “over ear” are definitely closer to straddling the large on-ear / small over-ear experience, these definitely distinguish themselves from those.
And the mids?

Aug 4, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #26 of 278
And the mids?

I thought they sounded a bit scooped to me initially - but I’m not sure if perhaps my brain adjusted because I listened to music for about an hour and a half as I was reading last night and it didn’t sound that way so much anymore 😅

Early in my night session at home I did pull out my Elegia and 99 Neo - I thought they were closer in sound signature to the Elegia than the 99 Neo which was bassier, but I did think the SV021 was a little bassier than Elegia.

The isolation is markedly less than Elegia, though, that’s for sure - it was actually quite noticeable.

Aug 4, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #27 of 278
thank you for these first opinions. I hesitate between the sv 021 (closed) and the phoenix (open). What do you think ?
I reviewed and have the Phoenix. While I liked them, I thought they were too safe of an effort, especially going up against the Aiva for not much more cost. The tuning of the Phoenix is rich, and a bit laidback. Almost unexciting it is so good. Smooth to a point but lacking the verve to me that the SV021 provides for much less. I did like the Phoenix, but while I have the Aiva, the Phoenix gets little use.

As for the SV021, I gave a good two hour listen (after it had been running for almost 24hrs straight) and like what I heard. Scooped mids would be a good descriptor as mentioned above, but vocals came across well. Bass has grown in depth, but it isn’t too bloomy. I liked what I heard, and the treble presentation fits my distaste for too much.

If I heard these side my side in the store, I’d go with the SV021 probably 6 out of seven days a week. Closed back is what I need when family is around so I don’t disturb them, and the SV021 fits the bill. Again, I like the Phoenix, but the Aiva fills that niche to me.

Try and listen to both if possible, then decide if you can get away with the open or closed back due to your situation. The SV021 is turning into a top product of my reviews for 2021. Stunning looks, as well certainly help.

Cheers and I hope I helped.

Aug 4, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #28 of 278
I reviewed and have the Phoenix. While I liked them, I thought they were too safe of an effort, especially going up against the Aiva for not much more cost. The tuning of the Phoenix is rich, and a bit laidback. Almost unexciting it is so good. Smooth to a point but lacking the verve to me that the SV021 provides for much less. I did like the Phoenix, but while I have the Aiva, the Phoenix gets little use.

As for the SV021, I gave a good two hour listen (after it had been running for almost 24hrs straight) and like what I heard. Scooped mids would be a good descriptor as mentioned above, but vocals came across well. Bass has grown in depth, but it isn’t too bloomy. I liked what I heard, and the treble presentation fits my distaste for too much.

If I heard these side my side in the store, I’d go with the SV021 probably 6 out of seven days a week. Closed back is what I need when family is around so I don’t disturb them, and the SV021 fits the bill. Again, I like the Phoenix, but the Aiva fills that niche to me.

Try and listen to both if possible, then decide if you can get away with the open or closed back due to your situation. The SV021 is turning into a top product of my reviews for 2021. Stunning looks, as well certainly help.

Cheers and I hope I helped.
Have you ever compared the PII to the Aiva?

Aug 5, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #29 of 278
Aug 5, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #30 of 278
Have you ever compared the PII to the Aiva?
I just received the new SV021 as well as Sendy Aiva. I reviewed P-II a couple of months back and a lot of people have been asking me for comparisons between Aiva and P-II since then. Should be interesting since I have an extra pair of Aiva pads to put on P-II and A/B test both the headphones back to back with the same pads on. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back