SIVGA PHOENIX OPEN BACK WOOD DYNAMIC
Jul 27, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #31 of 185
If you give me exact dimensions I can see if we have a Dekoni pad that would fit your needs.
There are two sizes:
SIVGA-P-Ear-Pads-and-SENDYAUDIO-AIVA-Ear-Pads.jpg

Seems like the width is around 87mm and the height 89mm (hard to tell, it could be 88mm or 87mm too).

What do you think, do you have something for us @DekoniAudio ?

Jul 27, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #32 of 185
Mine just showed up and I threw them on just because it's Monday morning... my first impression is quite positive. Chain is Spotify HQ (downloads) --> LG V30 Quad DAC (slow filter) --> THX 789 (low gain, ~ 1:00 or so on volume) --> headphones.

Headphone leans just a bit to the bassy side of neutral, and great bass right out of the box (audible all the way down to 20 Hz on sweeps though starts rolling off around 40), excellent detail (subtle echoes/reverb easy to pick out), excellent imaging (eg voices moving around, background sounds). Soundstage isn't the widest but is more than adequate and cohesive all the way across (no 3-blob), a fair bit outside of my ears on some songs and comparable to my DT 1990s, and separation feels a bit less than my DT 1990s but I suspect that's because this treble is so much more natural and the DT 1990 is just hot. Bit of a dip in the upper mids/lower treble but not jarring. Treble seems to have nice air.

Construction-wise feels solid but they are petite in size.. I wear my DT 1990s at 5 clicks on each side and I have these almost maxed out size-wise, but they are extremely comfortable. The clamp isn't very tight and the inside of the pads/drivers are *almost* touching my ears but I don't find this uncomfortable at all. I don't know how my head size compares to 'average' but I don't know that mine is particularly large, so folks with larger heads may not be able to wear these. Picture attached comparing these as I'm wearing them with my DT 1990s. Also, the cable could be somewhat microphonic for people on the move but I sit at my desk so not a concern for me. Decent overall though no 4.5mm adapter was provided.

20200727_093152.jpg

I'll again note that these are first impressions but so far, very enjoyable.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #33 of 185
There are two sizes:

Seems like the width is around 87mm and the height 89mm (hard to tell, it could be 88mm or 87mm too).

What do you think, do you have something for us @DekoniAudio ?
Dekoni Dims Inner UP (mm)Inner Across (mm)Outer Up (mm) Outer Across (mm)Depth (mm)
EPZ-T50RP 63451079528

So our T50RP styles are the closest fit to those dims

The table didn't format correctly 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Jul 27, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #34 of 185
Dekoni Dims Inner UP (mm)Inner Across (mm)Outer Up (mm) Outer Across (mm)Depth (mm)
EPZ-T50RP 63451079528

So our T50RP styles are the closest fit to those dims

The table didn't format correctly 🤷‍♂️
You know what it is, the attached picture is actually for the Sivga SV-II and the Sendy Audio Aiva - so ignore it. At first I thought that the pads would be the same, but it seems like the dimension is 87mm x 87-89mm

This means no Dekoni pads....? *sad*

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #35 of 185
You know what it is, the attached picture is actually for the Sivga SV-II and the Sendy Audio Aiva - so ignore it. At first I thought that the pads would be the same, but it seems like the dimension is 87mm x 87-89mm

This means no Dekoni pads....? *sad*

I will add it to the list of customer requests.

Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Jul 28, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #36 of 185
These just arrived. Fit is ... not superb. I've a rather large head but though they aren't my Fidelios or AKGs (both which I consider all-day phones) but they aren't *un*comfortable. Zero burn-in aside from listening. Very first impression was slightly veiled, prominent low-end, very very warm signature but with crisp highs. Considerably narrower soundstage than I prefer but the imaging is unified and quite good. Honestly I was nonplussed for the first twenty tracks I listened to but then moved to more acoustic pieces and, with some exceptions, they woke up. Then I put on Steely Dan "Aja" and things changed considerably (a good sign), which is where I'm currently at and haven't had the urge to take them off for 4 tracks now (another good sign).
I'll be spending some more time with these for the next week or two. Thus far I've driven them with nothing but my LG G8 direct and the tiny lil dd-TC35b USB-C DAC (Qobuz in both cases). My opinion is improving and certainly better than my experience with the P-IIs.

quick edit addition: You know what these hugely remind me of, oddly enough, are Blon BL-03s but slightly bigger in every way. The signature is quite similar.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #37 of 185
Thought some might be interest in a few size comparison images.
Nothing scientific, certainly, just casual shots for impressions. Cheers.

sivga phoenix images (0).jpg

sivga phoenix images (1).jpg

sivga phoenix images (2).jpg

sivga phoenix images (3).jpg

sivga phoenix images (4).jpg

sivga phoenix images (5).jpg

sivga phoenix images (6).jpg

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #38 of 185
Thought some might be interest in a few size comparison images.
Nothing scientific, certainly, just casual shots for impressions. Cheers.

sivga phoenix images (0).jpg
sivga phoenix images (1).jpg
sivga phoenix images (2).jpg
sivga phoenix images (3).jpg
sivga phoenix images (4).jpg
sivga phoenix images (5).jpg
sivga phoenix images (6).jpg
Could you please compare to X2HR, sound wise.
Thanks

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #39 of 185
Could you please compare to X2HR, sound wise.
Thanks

They're remarkably different to my ears but I think it has everything to do with the pads and fitment. Both have an above average bass extension and low-end. The Sivgas are more impactful but somehow messier, I think because the soundstage is considerably narrower. There is more up-front detail in the Sivgas than the X2HR, but it's constrictive and sometimes veiled, sometimes sparkling. Both have bass bleed, but it's more bothersome to me on the Sivgas because there's less room for it, if that makes any sense.
I think, if you have the X2HR, and you press it as far as you can into your head til your ears are touching the inside, then imagine a bit less high-end roll-off, that gives at least an idea what the Phoenix sounds like (on a larger head, out-of-the-box).
ALL of the above might almost certainly be fixed with better fit and I was considering pad-swapping but (for my head) the band and yoke don't have enough adjustment left (pretty much none) to account for my adding width at the pads. When I bend the band in one way, I run out room in another - they're just not large enough - it just doesn't fit my head. As-is they're extremely impactful because the pad is thinner and foam is softer so they compress entirely against the ear, e.g. my ears are directly next to the driver. I do think they have a tiny bit more resolving ability the X2HR. It's a little hard to compare them like this unfortunately.

edit: My hat size is 7 1/2 if that's helpful to anyone. Large but not huge.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #40 of 185
They're remarkably different to my ears but I think it has everything to do with the pads and fitment. Both have an above average bass extension and low-end. The Sivgas are more impactful but somehow messier, I think because the soundstage is considerably narrower. There is more up-front detail in the Sivgas than the X2HR, but it's constrictive and sometimes veiled, sometimes sparkling. Both have bass bleed, but it's more bothersome to me on the Sivgas because there's less room for it, if that makes any sense.
I think, if you have the X2HR, and you press it as far as you can into your head til your ears are touching the inside, then imagine a bit less high-end roll-off, that gives at least an idea what the Phoenix sounds like (on a larger head, out-of-the-box).
ALL of the above might almost certainly be fixed with better fit and I was considering pad-swapping but (for my head) the band and yoke don't have enough adjustment left (pretty much none) to account for my adding width at the pads. When I bend the band in one way, I run out room in another - they're just not large enough - it just doesn't fit my head. As-is they're extremely impactful because the pad is thinner and foam is softer so they compress entirely against the ear, e.g. my ears are directly next to the driver. I do think they have a tiny bit more resolving ability the X2HR. It's a little hard to compare them like this unfortunately.

edit: My hat size is 7 1/2 if that's helpful to anyone. Large but not huge.
Thanks so much, I'm trying to decide which one to get. I want open-back with bass (fun sound) but there are not a lot of options.

Jul 30, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #41 of 185
Thanks so much, I'm trying to decide which one to get. I want open-back with bass (fun sound) but there are not a lot of options.

I should have mentioned, that's one of my only true issues about the Phoenix (aside from the fit which can't be helped as it stands) is that they are not very open at all for open-backs. At least 50% I'd say. The Fidelios are much less closed.
If it helps at all, "open-back fun" is specifically what I bought the X2HR for (I've only had them a month) and I love them. Remarkably comfortable, plenty of bass extension, decent impact, very good (not amazing) detail, and very airy and open, and a ridiculous soundstage (sometimes unnaturally so, but never not "fun"). :)

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #42 of 185
Pssst, Sivga might (not 100% confirmed yet.) be offering a different set of earpads in the future. They are working on it, I passed the feedback on. However, they have no determined/expected date, so don't get your hopes up too high.

This being said, I enjoy my Phoenix's, I actually don't mind the rather narrow soundstage for an open-back headphone, the sound performance is very pleasing and enjoyable.

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #43 of 185
Pssst, Sivga might (not 100% confirmed yet.) be offering a different set of earpads in the future. They are working on it, I passed the feedback on. However, they have no determined/expected date, so don't get your hopes up too high.

This being said, I enjoy my Phoenix's, I actually don't mind the rather narrow soundstage for an open-back headphone, the sound performance is very pleasing and enjoyable.

I read that as well a couple days ago. Here's to hoping! :) Larger pads would widen the stage as well. (Though for me at least, I still don't think they'd fit my head.)
They really do sound good however. My favorite from Sivga (the 4th) I've heard yet.

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #44 of 185
I love my older Sivga SV007 It has the signature I like and love. I’d love to have a wireless pair of them. Got em on eBay for cheap. A headfier put me on to these. These new ones are tempting though I must resist in these times.

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #45 of 185
I should have mentioned, that's one of my only true issues about the Phoenix (aside from the fit which can't be helped as it stands) is that they are not very open at all for open-backs. At least 50% I'd say. The Fidelios are much less closed.
If it helps at all, "open-back fun" is specifically what I bought the X2HR for (I've only had them a month) and I love them. Remarkably comfortable, plenty of bass extension, decent impact, very good (not amazing) detail, and very airy and open, and a ridiculous soundstage (sometimes unnaturally so, but never not "fun"). :)
Thanks, good to know. I think I will get X2HR then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back