Singxer SU-6
Apr 29, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #23 of 1,018
Has anyone tested this device with speakers? I'm thinking of buying it and replacing my Matrix X-SPDIF 2 that I currently use with my Genelec studio monitors:

https://www.genelec.com/8351
The Matrix X-SPDIF 2 is really, really good, especially when you feed it from a battery device like a laptop. There are no real gains to be had I'm afraid... eternal search for upgrades though right, lol.

I would personally not bother if you already have the matrix. If you were in the market for a DDC the SU-6 is surely a great bet though, but the matrix is likely almost just as good.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #24 of 1,018
The Matrix X-SPDIF 2 is really, really good, especially when you feed it from a battery device like a laptop. There are no real gains to be had I'm afraid... eternal search for upgrades though right, lol.

I would personally not bother if you already have the matrix. If you were in the market for a DDC the SU-6 is surely a great bet though, but the matrix is likely almost just as good.

Thanks for your answer! I'll save my money for something else. :)

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #25 of 1,018
Thanks for your answer! I'll save my money for something else. :)
You're welcome. I modded an SU-1 with caps and regulator and got a power supply for it. Looking back I might have just saved a lot of trouble and gotten the matrix lol. But modding can be fun, too.

The SU-6 might be singxer's better one yet but it's really expensive and few reviews out. Also, the fact that the matrix works on simple USB power makes life easy. If the SU-6 worked via USB power too that would have been cool.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #27 of 1,018
Has anyone tested this device with speakers? I'm thinking of buying it and replacing my Matrix X-SPDIF 2 that I currently use with my Genelec studio monitors:

https://www.genelec.com/8351
As I mentioned in the first post, I compared this directly with the matrix spdif2. I found this device better sonically compared to both the matrix and the mutec which I also own. I don’t know why it sounds better but it does. Bass is better and focus and soundstage are better. After 2 months it’s a keeper. I didn’t think anything would beat the matrix as it is a very good unit so I was surprised. I had the matrix and mutec in my system for 6 months. I think of course it depends on your system and how transparent it is. That is my opinion.

Apr 30, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #28 of 1,018
As I mentioned in the first post, I compared this directly with the matrix spdif2. I found this device better sonically compared to both the matrix and the mutec which I also own. I don’t know why it sounds better but it does. Bass is better and focus and soundstage are better. After 2 months it’s a keeper. I didn’t think anything would beat the matrix as it is a very good unit so I was surprised. I had the matrix and mutec in my system for 6 months. I think of course it depends on your system and how transparent it is. That is my opinion.

Have you tried the SU-6 with a speaker setup or only with headphones and dacs/amps?

Apr 30, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #29 of 1,018
My setup is
Mac mini->usb to aes->dac->amp-> speakers
USB to aes -> matrix spdif2, mutec, singxer su6, topping - own and tried them all
Dac-> yggadrasil, topping d50
Amp-> nuprime mcx-2, primaluna 7, audioresearch ref 150
Speakers -> goldenear 7, quad 2905
I swap components to determine the robustness of my conclusion. If it doesn’t stand up to different component changes then it is a fragile conclusion

May 14, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #30 of 1,018
Hi whodiini,
Really appreciated of your review of the new SIngxer SU-6.
I'm in the market for either Singxer SU-6 or Matrix X-SPDIF 2, to team with PS Audio DS Snr of I2s input. Not sure if the Singxer SU-6 I2s output is improvement over the Matrix I2s?
Though the Singxer is almost double the Matrix price, it's still on special of 10% discount now...
Thanks ahead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back