Singxer SU-1
Sep 21, 2016 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 129

lazz

New Head-Fier
I have purchased the su-1 and was wondering who else here is using one. What connections are you using. I have a NAD M51 dac and was wondering if i can use the bnc wclck out from the su-1 and connect it to the NAD. Which input on the NAD would be the one to connect to. Would a male bnc to male xlr cable work. Thx

Jan 1, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 129

I just purchased one and it doesn't arrive till Wednesday. Do you notice any difference in sound? Worth the price? They were back ordered so I'm thinking they're getting to be pretty popular. 

Jan 2, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 129
Mine comes in on Thursday. I'll be connecting it to a Sonore microrendu and then using AES to my Yggdrasil.

Asus vivo mini fan-less win10 pc --> SU-1 (when it gets here) --> AES to Yggy -->XLR to iFi iCan Pro.
I'm a little curious to which USB driver I'll be using with JRiver.

Jan 2, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #6 of 129
Jan 2, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #7 of 129
  I have purchased the su-1 and was wondering who else here is using one. What connections are you using. I have a NAD M51 dac and was wondering if i can use the bnc wclck out from the su-1 and connect it to the NAD. Which input on the NAD would be the one to connect to. Would a male bnc to male xlr cable work. Thx

Do you have the manual? Can you send me the link or the file? Thanks

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #8 of 129
The sound is a nice improvement. It needs breaking in and I notice the more break in each listening session sounds better and more relaxed. I am using the audiocadabra split usb cable to the singxer and then the xlr outs to the nad m51. If you go to the Shenzen site they should have the manual. Cheers

Jan 2, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #9 of 129
The sound is a nice improvement. It needs breaking in and I notice the more break in each listening session sounds better and more relaxed. I am using the audiocadabra split usb cable to the singxer and then the xlr outs to the nad m51. If you go to the Shenzen site they should have the manual. Cheers

Just got an update that it ships tomorrow, I can wait :laughing: for the manual. Do you leave yours on all the time? I never shut my Yggy off but my amp gets shut off on occasion.

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #11 of 129
OK, thanks...

Jan 3, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #12 of 129
Got mine a day early and Installed the USB Audio Class2 Driver v3.34.0. On JRiver 22 I'm using the XMOS USB Audio 2.0 ST 3086 (Asio) Anyone using this? Interested to know if I have this set up right. TIA

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #13 of 129

You can't use mck/wck because NAD M51 has no input for it.
I'm using Squeezebox Touch -> USB -> Singxer SU-1 -> digital XLR -> NAD M51 -> XLR -> Plinius SA 103 (power amp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back