Singxer SU-1
May 21, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #121 of 129
Did you get the ISO Regen standalone or with the UltraCap LPS-1 ? I am considering about ISO Regen vs iGalvanic, certainly with USPCB USB A>B adapter.

I ended getting the ISO REGEN and LPS-1 bundle.

ISO REGEN will be powered by an iFi iPower 9V whereas the LPS-1 will be used standalone to power the SU-1.

May 22, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #122 of 129
I have been told that Singxer does not recommend I2S / HDMI cables longer that .5 meters. I find this limitation comical. Has anyone actually run into a problem using 1 or 2 meter cables from their SU-1?
I am using 1m HDMI audioquest Vodka and the sound is perfect for me. Before that I was using HDMI 0.2m and could not tell a difference. SU-1 is a perfect match for Gustard x-20.

Jun 13, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #123 of 129
When using Windows with the SU-1, is there an informed opinion on the importance or lack thereof for choosing ASIO versus WASAPI?

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #124 of 129
There is two kind of power Supply on the Singxer Su1. There is what is called the "dirty side" powered by the 5V usb in and the "clean side" powered by the PS of the SU1.
The clocks are on the clean side and are powered thanks to the internal PS where Kitsune have made improvments.

Hi i do not understand why is so difficult to make a DDC with galvanic isolation from the pc/source. I my mind this should be a very basic requirement for all units with ambition of top performances. Am i missing something ? moreover ... you can always use to supply the dirty side a usb DC breaking cable with +5VDC injection from a separate supply ? i have always done that using the Teradak cable here below. Cheap and working fine.

HL14XbbFLFXXXagOFbXY.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #125 of 129
Mar 15, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #127 of 129

Looks like easy money on something worth half less :wink:
I have Kitsune tuned Su-1 , i haven't heard stock Su -1 , but this thing sounds amazing! The sound quality difference was bigger than changing to new DAC! It's shocking how sound changed, i can hear way more micro details and everything seems clearer soundstage is deeper. I'm using with Chinese dual ak4497 and LKS 004 dacs. If you can't do it yourself, it's good to get Kitsune tuned, also it's on sale now.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #128 of 129
I recommend the Apollo AV Lightning V2. It is hands down the best affordable cable for i2S I have ever used. This is coming from the guy who has had the WireWorld Silver Starlight 7 and Kordz LUX.

Hi Energy,
I know this is an old topic, but I could only find some this review of Apollo AV Lighting V2 HDMI.
I'm looking for a quality with reasonable priced HDMI cable between my DCC and DAC.
Do you still think Apollo is a good option in 2020? I guess you enjoyed it better than WW SS7 and Kordz LUX, both of which are over $400 level.
Not to mention the well reviewed WW PS7 and RAL Reference...
Thx

Aug 29, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #129 of 129
Hi Energy,
I know this is an old topic, but I could only find some this review of Apollo AV Lighting V2 HDMI.
I'm looking for a quality with reasonable priced HDMI cable between my DCC and DAC.
Do you still think Apollo is a good option in 2020? I guess you enjoyed it better than WW SS7 and Kordz LUX, both of which are over $400 level.
Not to mention the well reviewed WW PS7 and RAL Reference...
Thx
It is recommended to use HDMI cables less than 0.5 meters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back