Singxer SDA-6 DAC (AK4499)
Mar 5, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #31 of 99
I have been using for a while the SDA-6 Pro along with the SA-1 and they complement each other very well, smooth, musical and detailed.
What headphones to you use? I'm planning to buy both the SDA-6 and SA-1 in Q3 this year and currently using LCD-2 and Chord Mojo.
Would the LCD 2 sound too warm with SA-1? I read up that SDA-6 is quite accurate and not a colored DAC, so no problem there.
But how does the SA-1 holds out?

Mar 5, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #32 of 99
What headphones to you use? I'm planning to buy both the SDA-6 and SA-1 in Q3 this year and currently using LCD-2 and Chord Mojo.
Would the LCD 2 sound too warm with SA-1? I read up that SDA-6 is quite accurate and not a colored DAC, so no problem there.
But how does the SA-1 holds out?
I use Beyerdynamic T1.3 that is known to have a darker and warmer sound on their own. Never had a chance to listen to the LCD2. I really like the synergy of the T1.3 with the SA-1 and SDA-6. I have a second setup that is more neutral comprised of a Violectric V100 and Gustard A18 DAC but the SA-1 and SDA-6 combo is so much better, more musical and better soundstage !

Mar 6, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #35 of 99
I use Beyerdynamic T1.3 that is known to have a darker and warmer sound on their own. Never had a chance to listen to the LCD2. I really like the synergy of the T1.3 with the SA-1 and SDA-6. I have a second setup that is more neutral comprised of a Violectric V100 and Gustard A18 DAC but the SA-1 and SDA-6 combo is so much better, more musical and better soundstage !
Sweet! Thanks for your input, I'll scrounge up on info about shops near me that have them to test out
but based on your input, I think the LCD 2 would be a fine fit with SA-1 And SDA-6 combo

Mar 6, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #36 of 99
Sweet! Thanks for your input, I'll scrounge up on info about shops near me that have them to test out
but based on your input, I think the LCD 2 would be a fine fit with SA-1 And SDA-6 combo

I would get a considerable cheaper dac. There is plenty of perfectly well measuring stuff in the 300-500$ range.

And you could put the money that you save into even better headphones.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #37 of 99
I would get a considerable cheaper dac. There is plenty of perfectly well measuring stuff in the 300-500$ range.

And you could put the money that you save into even better headphones.
yeah that could work, but I want to based up my desktop system; since a big leap from Chord Mojo.
Plus I already plan out the budget and savings for Q3 so I wont upgrade a headphone maybe until next year :gs1000smile:

Mar 21, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #39 of 99
I'm a very happy owner of the SDA-6 Pro but I am also curious on how it would compete against Denafrips Ares, Pontus and Venus. So far I only compared the SDA-6 to Gustard A18 and Schiit Modi Multibit. The SDA-6 is way superior.

Apr 16, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #41 of 99
Hello,

anyone compare this SDA-6 with Denafrips Ares II?

regards,
Simon
People rave about the Ares.

I had it at the same time as the Bifrost 2 and Qutest. Compared to those it felt like a mushy mess. YMMV.

Jun 27, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #42 of 99
Is it worth upgrading from SDA-2 to SDA-6? Does SDA-6 have a similar slightly warm sound signature, or is it a more analytical sounding DAC like RME ADI-2 for example?

Now, the tone on the D90 is just gorgeous. D90 w/ SU2 sounds just as good as D90 w/o SU2 except they have different sound. D90 has a warm tone with a slight compression in the mids (in a good tube amp way). D90 w/ SU2 has silkier and more open highs.

SDA6 sounds about the same w/ or w/o SU2 now. I still prefer with SU2 but difference is slight. SDA6 sounds great for 3 songs before my ears grow tired.

So, SDA6 is going back and just ordered an used Border Patrol.
Thanks for your comparison. That settles my choice, since I listened to D90 and preferred Singxer SDA-2 for less analytical and more comfy presentation.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #43 of 99
I have compared the SDA6 Pro against a Holo Spring a few weeks back and I found the presentation to be a bit flat, 2 dimensional and compressed. The SDA6 Pro was a new unit and I've put about 30-40 hours on it before I returned it. I was wondering if burnin is required for this DAC to sound its best and if so, how many hours?

Aug 25, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #44 of 99
I have compared the SDA6 Pro against a Holo Spring a few weeks back and I found the presentation to be a bit flat, 2 dimensional and compressed. The SDA6 Pro was a new unit and I've put about 30-40 hours on it before I returned it. I was wondering if burnin is required for this DAC to sound its best and if so, how many hours?
Yes 41 hours is when it really opens up.

Aug 26, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #45 of 99
On my end I was burning in too many components at the same time so I can't really say how many hours. During your short test have you tried playing with the filters ? I find the slow filter and NOS modes to be quite good for a D/S dac. I am still thinking of eventually upgrading my DAC to something like VenusII/TerminatorII.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back