Singxer SDA-6 DAC (AK4499)
Oct 26, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #62 of 99
A bit of a hidden gem I guess because it hasn’t gotten so many reviews? And it’s too cheap to be considered boutique so that doesn’t draw attention either.

Given the AKM4499s are out of print, making this a bit of a limited edition unit, Singxer might not care to send it out for garnishing reviews either.

Get one while you can :) I agree this thing is packed with stuff you will need to shell out a few grand for, easily.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #65 of 99
Can anyone verify if the Singxer logo on the front of the unit is laser etched into the anodizing or painted on? Not a huge fan of the logo and would like to have it erased if that's possible as it seems to ruin the beautiful and elegant look of the unit.

Oct 28, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #66 of 99
Maybe a good Feliks Euforia?
I use the Sda 2 on it.Not the Best but good enaugh, :wink:
I was thinking of an xDuoo TA-26 actually at a tenth of the price! But will also consider a Feliks Echo II.
Can anyone verify if the Singxer logo on the front of the unit is laser etched into the anodizing or painted on? Not a huge fan of the logo and would like to have it erased if that's possible as it seems to ruin the beautiful and elegant look of the unit.
I think it is painted on. It feels embossed.

Oct 29, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #68 of 99
Hello,

At least take a look at the Hp 8 icon,
It's quite unknown and those who have it are mostly satisfied.
They also offer a capacitor upgrade.
If that should be interesting.
If you are on a budget, the Cayin Ha 3a is interesting.
With the Echo, I'm a little worried that it will work with headphones up to a certain point, but then not any more.

What headphones do you have that you want to use with it?

Oct 29, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #69 of 99
High Z only. 250 ohm Beyer Amiron Home and 600 ohm T1.2.

Thanks for the recommendations, I’ll check them out.

Edit: I see that the prices of both punch in above the Echo. I feel many tube amplifiers have a ridiculous price make-up. Looking at the HP’s innards that would also seem so!

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #70 of 99
Yes, but Feliks have also increased the price of their top models.
At 600 ohm, I think the echo is a bit undersized.
The Icon Hp8 would have more character and also be more suitable compared to the Echo.

You can also roll the tubes better with the Icon than with the Echo.
The Echo is somewhat limited in this respect.
It would also be worth paying the extra price if you want to have peace and quiet in the long term.

Otherwise, take a look at the Eufonika H5 with Milfex upgrade, which would be close to the Feliks Elise according to some users who have had both.
That would be another alternative for beginners in tube amplifiers, you can't go wrong there.
It also has its own thread here.

Spontaneously, I can think of the Woo Audio Wa6, which is not necessarily wrong.

Nov 4, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #73 of 99
Buy it, listen to it, if you don't like it send it back.
I can only speak for the Sda2, but the Rme Adi fs 2 was also within reach at the time and I found it terrible so I sent it back.
It was too much complicated bells and whistles for me and nothing like mine in terms of sound.
The Sda 2 was much less complicated and more musical sounding than the Rme.

That made it easy for me in the end.
I've had it for 3 years now and have hardly looked at any dacs, but if I have, they're 2 classes above, but also in terms of price, of course, especially when it came to R2R dacs.

I would also say it depends a bit on the rest of your setup that the Dac fits in as well as the rest.
That's where I would put the focus and what your requirements are.

Jan 21, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #75 of 99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back