Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
Apr 16, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #451 of 2,563
Very curious about these “Lake People” myself :)
Funny you'd say that. One of the other SS amps I tried is the small but powerful Lake People G109-A (discontinued several years ago). The sound is very similar to the V281, as it should be: made by the company that owns Violectric.

The G109-A is single-ended and somewhat less powerful than the balanced V281--but either can drive the AFO all day long. The "Violectric house sound" is a real thing, I'm happy to say...

Apr 17, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #452 of 2,563
X16 arrived this morning. Hifigo are excellent, will definitely use them again.

20210417_132253_HDR.jpg

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #456 of 2,563
I've had mine for a week now, absolutely loving it.
Impressions:
- It's way smaller than I though it would be.
- It's even better built than I expected - even the sides with the venting are heavy plate aluminum.
- Arya sounds fantastic on low gain/low Z and from 11 to 3 o'clock - exactly where I want it.
- It gets pleasantly hot.
- The knob is a quality solid piece of aluminum but too shallow for my hands; it's even smaller than the Topping DX7 knob. I changed it out for a much larger, machined
aluminum knob I had, which works much better. I can adjust the volume without touching the faceplate of the amp, which is some kind of OCD thing I have.
IMG_20210417_130425_edit_242048989642232.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #457 of 2,563
Impressions:
- It's even better built than I expected - even the sides with the venting are heavy plate aluminum.
- Arya sounds fantastic on low gain/low Z and from 11 to 3 o'clock - exactly where I want it.
- The knob is a quality solid piece of aluminum but too shallow for my hands; it's even smaller than the Topping DX7 knob. I changed it out for a much larger, machined
aluminum knob I had, which works much better. I can adjust the volume without touching the faceplate of the amp, which is some kind of OCD thing I have.
Wow, now that's a knob upgrade! 👍 You just happened to have a perfectly fitting one on hand?

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #458 of 2,563
Impressions:
I love that knob, where did you get it? lol

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #460 of 2,563
Impressions:
I love your knob!

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #461 of 2,563
Also in for knob purchase URL... all jokes aside, I did see another one posted weeks ago before I had purchased mine, so I didn’t take as much interest as I ought to have. It was black anodized, knurled aluminum. Anyone know where to find a job upgrade or at the least the specs we need to look for?

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but also loving the amp. I’ve also gone and ordered the X26 Pro to pair it with and see if I can extract even more detail. It’s close to perfect for me already. Fingers crossed. My X16 will be up for sale.

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #462 of 2,563
I would love you to compare Jotunheim 2, SA-1, Burson Soloist 3X and Violectric 280/281 :heart_eyes:

Love your vids
Thanks! Currently reviewing those + more 😁 Stay tuned

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #463 of 2,563
Impressions:
that is a proper knob, I was thinking about replacing the knob by something like the schiit knobs... but this one is even better, post some info about it please, thanks a lot!!!

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #464 of 2,563
Impressions:
May I ask you a few details about the knob... can you send me a photo without any knob... to see the shape of the pot..
The og knob it's with screw.. ???
I want to order one aftermarket but I don't know the right dimensions ...
Thanks for your help.

Apr 17, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #465 of 2,563
Also in for knob purchase URL... all jokes aside, I did see another one posted weeks ago before I had purchased mine, so I didn’t take as much interest as I ought to have. It was black anodized, knurled aluminum. Anyone know where to find a job upgrade or at the least the specs we need to look for?

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but also loving the amp. I’ve also gone and ordered the X26 Pro to pair it with and see if I can extract even more detail. It’s close to perfect for me already. Fingers crossed. My X16 will be up for sale.
I wonder if one can really notice any difference between X16, D90, Bifrost 2 against the X26 Pro, I'd instantly sell my X16 and BF2 if so....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back