Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
Apr 3, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #287 of 2,563
Apr 3, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #288 of 2,563

Wow, so many here hit the nail on the head. Either we have some really skilled listeners here or they are moonlighting as reviewers!! . From that review, I will love the SA01. I do not think I want the sound colored like that of a tube amp but at the same time I do not want pure analytical and tiring. I think the SA-1 will fill the line of being detailed, smooth slight warmth with just enough to have extended listening sessions without being fatiguing.

Accuracy without fatigue and a slight warmth and tight and impactful bass. I think that would be perfect to me

Apr 3, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #289 of 2,563
I haven't heard either of the Cavalli Audio amps you mentioned, but if considering that price range, you might consider the Burson Soloist 3X. Of the amps I now own, I would rank them in the following order. The Burson outclasses the others by a considerable margin, even though I really like the Singxer too.
1. Burson Soloist 3X
2. Singxer SA-1
3. HeadAmp GS-X Mini
4. Topping A90
What do you like about the Burson Soloist 3X in terms of topping over vs Singxer SA-1? I am also considering cancelling SA-1 order and selling existing gear and just go for a Burson Conductor 3X Performance. Have you listen to this as a comparison?

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #290 of 2,563
Hey guys, just came back to tell you all that this amp has to be opening up with use or something. Now I actually do think it’s worth the extra money over the thx amps. Today it’s like the thx is flat and brighter when in comparison. The singxer has become more dynamic with better depth and smoothness while still retaining the high end and all of its details. Again, i don’t know if it’s use, or just my ears finally picking up on these things. Either way, I assure you, the singxer is growing on me more and more with each day that passes. It’s still not that full class a warm musical sound that I was looking for, but it is one damn good amp.

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #291 of 2,563
Hey guys, just came back to tell you all that this amp has to be opening up with use or something. Now I actually do think it’s worth the extra money over the thx amps. Today it’s like the thx is flat and brighter when in comparison. The singxer has become more dynamic with better depth and smoothness while still retaining the high end and all of its details. Again, i don’t know if it’s use, or just my ears finally picking up on these things. Either way, I assure you, the singxer is growing on me more and more with each day that passes. It’s still not that full class a warm musical sound that I was looking for, but it is one damn good amp.

Did you burn-in this amp, or just start using it out-of-the-box? If the latter, you're probably hearing sonic benefits of burn-in.

I'll probably start a pillow fight here by saying that, but I've found that burn-in strongly benefits the sound of many (but not all) new headphones & electronics. Because I never know which new HP, amp, or DAC will benefit from burn-in, I routinely burn in any new gear.

Apr 4, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #292 of 2,563
Did you burn-in this amp, or just start using it out-of-the-box? If the latter, you're probably hearing sonic benefits of burn-in.

I'll probably start a pillow fight here by saying that, but I've found that burn-in strongly benefits the sound of many (but not all) new headphones & electronics. Because I never know which new HP, amp, or DAC will benefit from burn-in, I routinely burn in any new gear.
Pillow fight for sure...I will say that I do believe in burn in, but only with things like dynamic drivers, tubes, and things of those natures, but this being a class a amp maybe burn in can be a thing here.

Apr 4, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #293 of 2,563
That’s awesome news to hear. How many hours of use (burn-in) until you heard the differences? I’m going to keep my SA-1 order and evaluate from there.

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #294 of 2,563
That’s awesome news to hear. How many hours of use (burn-in) until you heard the differences? I’m going to keep my SA-1 order and evaluate from there.
To be honest with you, It’s just been pure listening this whole time, maybe around 15 hours or so...makes me wanna get some real hours on it, like 100+

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #295 of 2,563
I'll have it 3-4 weeks powered 24/7 and test every single day against Jot 2

If any of you have tried SA-1 and Burson 3X what's the differences you find?

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #296 of 2,563
50% of burn in is your brain catching up to the missing staff and the new nuances in sound.

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #298 of 2,563
Apr 4, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #300 of 2,563
Pillow fight for sure...I will say that I do believe in burn in, but only with things like dynamic drivers, tubes, and things of those natures, but this being a class a amp maybe burn in can be a thing here.

When I bought my first NOS DAC, the Audio GD NOS 19, people on Audio GD boards for its sister-DAC, the pretty well known multibit DAC-19, warned that over 300 hours was needed for the sound to fully settle down--and 400 hours was preferable. I thought they must be out of their minds.

Well, they weren't. I used the NOS 19 as my main desktop system's DAC from day-1 with low volume classical music streaming ~12 hrs/day to speakers + sub. From day-1, the sound of this DAC was wildly variable: one day it would sound muffled, closed, dull; and the next it would sound wide-open but bright and edgy. Weeks went by and these changes slowed down in frequency and became lower in amplitude until finally, after ~400 hrs total, the sound stopped changing (I loved that sound BTW). Later I got my own new DAC-19, which I still use in the side system. I burned the DAC-19 in on the main system and it behaved exactly as the NOS 19 had, with >400 hrs burn-in needed to stabilize.

I also had some startling experiences w/new headphones that started pretty ragged sounding then got way better. After all that, I stopped fighting it & just burn-in everything...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back