Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
Apr 6, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #316 of 2,563
I've got another month to go before I can really splurge on one of these ~500 euro amps anyway so waiting patiently sounds good to me. Hopefully a bunch of you will get the SA-1 in the mean time, though, and post some more impressions - I'm having a hell of a hard time trying to decide if I want this, or the Jot 2, or the RebelAmp, or one of the Flux Labs amps, or...

Apr 6, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #317 of 2,563
Happy to sell you either my Archel2.5 Pro or my Erish if you really want one in Europe.
I don't really want one of those, I need xlr with pre amp outs

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #318 of 2,563
I will receive my SA-1 tomorrow and was wondering if i can safely use the DC-jumper method with my Singxer SDA 6 Pro.

Does anyone have expierence with that?

Thanks a lot :)

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #319 of 2,563
I will receive my SA-1 tomorrow and was wondering if i can safely use the DC-jumper method with my Singxer SDA 6 Pro.

Does anyone have expierence with that?

Thanks a lot :)
Why not see how it sounds without doing the jumper first? How much better can it be if at all? I would think the made the synergy as best as possible as sold.

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #320 of 2,563
I don't really want one of those, I need xlr with pre amp outs
No problem! I plan on preamping both with the SA-1 via RCA (Archel) and XLR (Erish). The Archel is great but also sounds better when being fed by XLR, so ultimately it will be up for sale unless it just sits, which is fine too. They’re both such great amps.

Apr 7, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #321 of 2,563

As other people mentioned already in this forum, the Singxer is as good as good as a GSX Mini, also full class A. Maybe there is a level in which it is really splitting hair. Experience will be different of course, aesthetics, reliability, the ladder knob, color anodized, toroidal PSU. Then again some people also say Burson is better. And then some other youtube reviewer said the burson sounds just like most other good amps... so... waiting for stock. Long life to the hype train!!!!

Apr 7, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #322 of 2,563

As other people mentioned already in this forum, the Singxer is as good as good as a GSX Mini, also full class A. Maybe there is a level in which it is really splitting hair. Experience will be different of course, aesthetics, reliability, the ladder knob, color anodized, toroidal PSU. Then again some people also say Burson is better. And then some other youtube reviewer said the burson sounds just like most other good amps... so... waiting for stock. Long life to the hype train!!!!

Watched today as well of course. Can’t fault Zeos for his honesty - I do enjoy watching the guy if not for the fact he seems genuinely good natured and would be a hoot to have a beer with!

...also I got a shipping notification today from DHL for something coming from Shenzhen. Fingers crossed it shows before the weekend but I don’t have my hopes up.

Apr 7, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #323 of 2,563
Best of luck with DHL, in one month they lost me 388€ in one order from amazon, got refunded. And then a parcel I shipped to Italy with them, also lost, 122€ lost... not refunded there, I was the sender... covid logistics...

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #324 of 2,563
Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #325 of 2,563
was curious about this amp for paring with the Aria. had a look around and saw the official shop on Taobao in china they have heaps of stock and it costs $560USD
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...o9nbu&id=631626338112&ns=1&abbucket=18#detail

you can get a shopping agent like https://www.superbuy.com/en/ to get it and ship it out for you. i've use shipping agents to get my stuff directly over seas and saved a bundle.
Managed to grab this off ShenZhen Audio when they had a sale last week for $524 usd. But have not received shipping confirmation yet so might be awhile wait unfortunately : (

Apr 8, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #327 of 2,563
Nice. reviews has been decent on taobao so it should be a decent amp.
Hope it sounds more than just decent. I was also considering just getting the Burson Soloist 3XP but the power is not as high as SA-1. Not sure how far different sound is between the two so thought I try the cheaper option first. But with the wait each day I am getting more tempted to ordering the Soloist as likely to ship sooner.

Apr 8, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #328 of 2,563
Missed out on a Soloist 3XP myself as I mentioned above, and had I gotten it I likely would have just quit shopping for a while. I think it also has a mic input, which is great for closet gamer nerds like myself.

Apr 8, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #329 of 2,563
Missed out on a Soloist 3XP myself as I mentioned above, and had I gotten it I likely would have just quit shopping for a while. I think it also has a mic input, which is great for closet gamer nerds like myself.
Have you listened to the Soloist? I have not heard either so hard to decide hence buying cheaper option first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back