Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
Apr 8, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #331 of 2,563
Nope I haven’t but not sure I would care as I’ve heard enough people say it’s great that I would take a chance blindly. Same as I’m doing with the SA-1.
So from what you heard from others which one would be more smooth, warmer and less treble brightness sounding amp while still revealing and high resolution in details?

Apr 8, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #334 of 2,563
Sounds like the Singxer based on your description but I know significantly less about the Burson.
just measured my cabinet shelf. The Burson would be on the edge of too long to fit nicely so I'll stick with the SA-1 order (dimensions more similar to existing THX AAA 789 amp) and evaluate from there lol. Also read some isolated issues of some Soloist units having hissing sound issues.

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #335 of 2,563
Does anyone have more comparisons between the SA-1 and other $500+ amps? I've already gone through this whole thread, and so now I'm considering the Burson Solo 3X as well. Though I'm super tempted by the SA-1 since there's no deals on the Burson amp ATM
I also intend to get an Ares II soon. So if someone has tried that with SA-1, please chime in.

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #336 of 2,563
Does anyone have more comparisons between the SA-1 and other $500+ amps? I've already gone through this whole thread, and so now I'm considering the Burson Solo 3X as well. Though I'm super tempted by the SA-1 since there's no deals on the Burson amp ATM
I also intend to get an Ares II soon. So if someone has tried that with SA-1, please chime in.
Ares and SA-1 has got to be a sweet combo. Same way I feel about a potential RME ADI 2 FS / SA-1.

Beyond that, I’m looking at GSX Mk2. So nice.

Apr 8, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #337 of 2,563
Got my SA-1 today. Unfortunately I have no other decent amp to compare it to. I owned my HD600s since 1997. I always just plugged them into whatever amp or receiver I was using. Just recently a Cambridge integrated amp, with fairly decent headphone jack. I also went to a balanced cable.

The first thing I noticed was the dead silent background. Also very very clean and detailed. I am definitely hearing all sorts of new details on my CDs, I am also hearing a small bit of high frequency hash on some recordings, but it seams to be settling in. I suppose I have both a new amp and cable to break in.

It works a lot better for me on high gain, I am using high Z and have not yet tried the lower setting.

Apr 9, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #338 of 2,563
My SA-1 is still on the way - i hope it will arrive next week and i can compare it to the A90.

I've had a Burson Conductor 3XP in the past. Sound was "good" but it doesn't blew me away. All the reviews out there set my expectations so high that the 3XP couldn't keep up with it i guess.

To be honest... i liked my Topping DX7 Pro with Burson V6 Classic OP-Amps much more than the Conductor 3XP.

Apr 9, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #339 of 2,563
Got my SA-1 today. Unfortunately I have no other decent amp to compare it to. I owned my HD600s since 1997. I always just plugged them into whatever amp or receiver I was using. Just recently a Cambridge integrated amp, with fairly decent headphone jack. I also went to a balanced cable.

The first thing I noticed was the dead silent background. Also very very clean and detailed. I am definitely hearing all sorts of new details on my CDs, I am also hearing a small bit of high frequency hash on some recordings, but it seams to be settling in. I suppose I have both a new amp and cable to break in.

It works a lot better for me on high gain, I am using high Z and have not yet tried the lower setting.
Try more with Low-Z.

Apr 9, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #340 of 2,563
I also intend to get an Ares II soon. So if someone has tried that with SA-1, please chime in.No
No deep deals but I think on Burson's own site the Soloist 3XP is on a bit of a discount. I definitely want to get a R2R dac down the road as well. So far the Denafrips excites me. Please let us know how the Ares II pairs with the SA-1 if you end up getting it. I am considering such a pair myself or the Pontus (which should be very similar to Ares II in airy soundness and bit more body warmth from what I read).

Apr 9, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #341 of 2,563

For your 300 ohm hp it should be enough power on low gain and low Z. Spend more time on this to see.

Apr 11, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #343 of 2,563
My SA-1 arrived 2 days ago together with the Musician Pegasus. It very early to make a qualified statement, but so far I do like the unit very much (so far it might not rival my other amps 100%, but the 4.4mm Pentacon alone was enough reason for me). Even so the SA-1 is not fully class A, it powers e.g. my HP-3 as good as my other class A amplifiers.
Audio.Rack.2021-04.Small.jpg

Seems Singxer was "inspired" by the Questyle product design:wink:

Apr 11, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #344 of 2,563
My SA-1 arrived 2 days ago together with the Musician Pegasus. It very early to make a qualified statement, but so far I do like the unit very much (so far it might not rival my other amps 100%, but the 4.4mm Pentacon alone was enough reason for me). Even so the SA-1 is not fully class A, it powers e.g. my HP-3 as good as my other class A amplifiers.
Audio.Rack.2021-04.Small.jpg
Is it Ares II a good match with SA-1?

regards,
Simon

Apr 11, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #345 of 2,563

Hello,
May I ask which amp has the widest soundstage of all? Tks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back